Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Maine - the new Texas."

Go down

"Maine - the new Texas." Empty "Maine - the new Texas."

Post by T Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 am

Heard a good one today.

"Maine - the new Texas."

...and 1/3 of the population of this state is slaphappy proud. cheers bounce

duh

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

"Maine - the new Texas." Empty Re: "Maine - the new Texas."

Post by T Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:31 pm

I was wrong....

Maine is the new Louisiana... or, Georgia!

The only thing certain is that one of its cast of characters will be a Minot man named Roland Raubeson, known as "Yummy" Raubeson.

Raubeson declined to talk about the show — referring all questions to the tight-lipped network — but he has a record for getting publicity. He has been featured in the Sun Journal for his deer meat recipes and drew national attention this summer when he presided over a wedding at Hebron's annual Redneck Blank event, formerly called the Redneck Olympics.

The event, including games such as bobbing for pig's feet, toilet seat horseshoes and a mud flop, was filmed by crews from both the History Channel and Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."

It may echo some of the rural, hicks-in-the-sticks character of currently popular reality shows such as "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" filmed in McIntyre, Ga. and "Duck Dynasty" from West Monroe, La.

"I was in New York last week and I think everybody thinks, for the most part, that we're like Louisiana," said Gray, who promotes concerts throughout Maine and operates Bangor's Waterfront Pavilion. "They expect everybody to be like the 'Duck Dynasty' guys."

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down