Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N. Bourgoin: The war on Christmas

Go down

N. Bourgoin: The war on Christmas Empty N. Bourgoin: The war on Christmas

Post by T Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:56 pm

N. Bourgoin: The war on Christmas

* There was a sign put up in Times Square to take Christ out of Christmas [billboard war]

It's a right guaranteed by the US Constitution.  I guess it's a right reserved only for Mr. Bourgoin and people he agrees with.

* Crosses (signs of goodness) are being forced to come down across the country and at veterans' burial grounds.

Not once has the big, bad government come into my home and asked me to take down my crosses.  Not once has the big, bad government asked the Parish of the Holy Savior (or any other church, denomination, or organization - public or private) to remove crosses from the grounds of cemeteries.  This is a myth perpetuated by right-wing wackos.

* It is to be remembered that this country was founded on religious principles.

It was? Which religion? Yours?

President Adams once wrote in a treaty with Barbary Pirates to protect American sailors from African slavery, “The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”  

Mr. Bourgoin, what you are either ignorant of or unwilling to accept, the United States was founded on "freedom of religion"...all religions, not just the one you practice.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down