Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulen Charter school

Go down

Gulen Charter school Empty Gulen Charter school

Post by T Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Republicans favor charter schools...

Conservatives favor charter schools...

Tea Partiers favor charter school...

Right-wing ideologues favor charter schools...

Neocons favor charter schools...

Christians favor charter schools...

I wonder if the above will support this charter school?

uhoh    I can't wait to see the above rant and rave and display to the world their rampant hypocrisy!  party 

~Webster also questioned the proposed (charter) school's ties to Turkish preacher Fethullah Gulen, who, according to Wikipedia, lives in self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania. Webster said charter school applicant Tarlan Ahmadov is courting Lewiston Muslim students for the school.

The so-called Gulen movement includes schools around the country. A New York Times report about Gulen charter schools in Texas raised questions about whether the schools are using taxpayer money to benefit Gulen teachings. The Muslim theologian believes in science, interfaith dialogue and multi-party democracy, according to Wikipedia.

“why is it targeting Muslims?” he (Webster) asked.~

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Gulen Charter school Empty Re: Gulen Charter school

Post by T Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 am

Maybe a good, old-fashioned Christian school would meet her "smell test"?  You see, this is what happens when tax dollars are used to fund religious schools.  If you are willing to fund one religion, you must be prepared to fund all religions.
-------------
I have been reading about the proposed Lewiston-Auburn Academy Charter School with concern. My gut feeling tells me that the school will have Gulen influence, despite the claims by Tarlan Ahmadov and Huseyin Kara.

The Maine Charter School Commission has done its homework and should follow its instinct that the proposal presented does not pass the smell test.

As a taxpayer, I urge the commission to look elsewhere to establish a charter school in the community.

Jennie Peters, Lewiston

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down