Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Coverage on Crime Report issue??

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No Coverage on Crime Report issue?? - Page 2 Empty Re: No Coverage on Crime Report issue??

Post by Timeout Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 am

Kevin,

My original point was to 911 in response to something he said about teenagers...I wanted to say we should be careful not romanticize all teen sex.

Dating and sex are not the same thing although you have used the words interchangeably. Teens CAN date someone 3 years younger. They just can't have SEX by Maine State Law if either of them is age 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, ...

No matter how old they look or even if they didn't know better, it's kind of like the speeding ticket thing: You still get the ticket even if you didn't know the speed limit was 15mph while you were doing 40 in a school zone, even if you were just having a little fun, and even if you really love your car.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

No Coverage on Crime Report issue?? - Page 2 Empty Re: No Coverage on Crime Report issue??

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:39 am

Timeout,
Now that my brain cells are working properly (I was tired last night when I was posting), I checked the law and found that the age difference is now five years, not three, as I had thought. This is a big difference, as I cannot defend anyone engaging in a relationship that would fall within these guidelines at such a young age. I believe the law may have changed in the past few years, as I believe it used to be a three year difference. I may be wrong.

I understand that the case to which I referred at the start of this thread, involved alcohol which may have qualified for charges under the section.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2