Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... he finally makes a call, and...

Go down

So... he finally makes a call, and... Empty So... he finally makes a call, and...

Post by T Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 am

So... he finally makes a call, and...this is what he says to the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger:

Trumpery: "knew what he signed up for …

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

So... he finally makes a call, and... Empty Re: So... he finally makes a call, and...

Post by T Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

I listened to General Kelly today. He opened my eyes.  He should be president.

I read this today.  It confirms everything I believe about Trumpery. He is unfit to be Commander in Chief.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family of Maine Marine captain killed in August did not get call or letter from Trumpery

The older brother of Benjamin Cross said he finds it ‘sickening’ that the president would play politics with Gold Star families.

Cross’ older brother, Ryan Cross, who also is a veteran, said he was offended by the president’s assertion this week that he has “called every family of somebody that’s died, and it’s the hardest call to make.”

“I find it sickening that he is using fallen service members to score political points, especially when his claims of reaching out to every Gold Star family are completely false,” the older Cross said in a text message Thursday after the Portland Press Herald sought information about whether his family was called.

Ryan Cross said his family did receive calls from U.S. Sen. Susan Collins and U.S. Rep. Bruce Poliquin, as well as letters from U.S. Sen. Angus King and U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis, but said he has no interest in getting a call from Trumpery now.

“Personally, I’d rather not hear from him given that I don’t believe he has any clue as to what service and sacrifice really mean, nor does he understand the gravity of what we as members of the armed forces, veterans and their families risk and have risked,” said Ryan Cross, a U.S. Army captain who served in Afghanistan in 2014. He left active duty on August 1, less than a week before his brother died.

PPH Link

T

Back to top Go down

So... he finally makes a call, and... Empty Re: So... he finally makes a call, and...

Post by T Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 am

Yes, I know...some gun-toting, white nationalists feel that the Sun Journal's reporting on this is "Despicable".

What's really despicable is Trumpery.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:40 am

With all due respect, General Kelly is a public servant.  It is highly appropriate to question the accuracy of any public servant's statements, including his.  This is not Nazi Germany.  This is not Russia. General Kelly does not own the American flag, nor does any veteran of the US armed forces.

Unfortunately, it appears some Trumpery as rubbed off on General Kelly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

White House: 'Highly inappropriate' to question accuracy of Gen. Kelly's statements.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:23 pm

For those of you who don't know, this is what happened:

Mr. Kelly took to the lectern in the White House briefing room Thursday to defend President Trumpery’s handling of a condolence call to a widow of one of the soldiers killed in Niger and to attack Ms. Wilson as selfish and politically motivated for her criticism. To bolster that characterization, he offered up his remembrance of the dedication of the FBI building in memory of two FBI agents who had been killed in the line of duty. He claimed Ms. Wilson used the occasion to take unseemly credit for securing federal funding for the building. “We were stunned,” he said, “stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”

But, as a video by the Florida Sun Sentinel of Ms. Wilson’s remarks that day shows, Mr. Kelly got it all wrong. She did not say she got money for the building. She was generous and graceful in sharing credit for how legislation naming the building was fast-tracked. And she spent most of her nine-minute speech praising the FBI agents killed in a gunfight with drug dealers: “Today it is our patriotic duty to lift up Special Agent Benjamin Grogan and Special Agent Jerry Dove from the streets of South Florida and place their names and pictures high, where the world will know that we are proud of their sacrifice, sacrifice for our nation.”

WP Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm

I still have tremendous respect for General Kelly.  Unlike Trumpery, he has truly sacrificed.  It's not his fault he's been tainted by Trumpery's ugliness. Some infectious diseases have no vaccination to protect against.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:13 am

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: It’s “highly inappropriate to debate” a four-star Marine general.

General Petraeus: “I think we’re all fair game. We, in uniform, protect the rights of others to criticize us … we are fiercely protective of the rights of our Americans to express themselves, even if that includes criticizing us.”

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down