Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to make a difference

2 posters

Go down

Time to make a difference Empty Time to make a difference

Post by KevinNSaisi Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:41 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, please be advised that you now have a golden opportunity to participate in your town government. A number of board openings exist in our town, and I am here to offer you the opportunity to be a part of the exciting future of our town.

Your mission, if you are chosen the successful candidate will be as follows:

Appeals Board: The Appeals Board hears appeals from people aggrieved by certain decisions made by the town Code Enforcement Officer, the Planning Board, and the ever popular Board of Selectmen (non-union personnel issues only). We have one board position and two alternate positions available, The alternate positions fill in for absent members or members who have a bias or conflict of interest in a particular case.

Planning Board: As a planning board member, you will be responsible for working with the other members to impliment the town's Comprehensive Plan. This important position is responsible for planning Rumford's future party . In the process, you will alsos be reviewing plans for new and innovative projects and expansions of homes and businesses in Rumford. We have at least one alternate position available.

Park Commission: As a Park Commission Member, you will work as a part of a team to develop and oversee our recreational facilities and various programs. The Park Commission is responsible for maintainence of our parks, memorials and cemetaries. The perfect candidate will have vision, but also be able to work within a limited budget.

Apply today and avoid the rush for these highly coveted positions. grin whistling exit
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Time to make a difference Empty Re: Time to make a difference

Post by marktripp Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 am

Kevin,

Being a town employee can one sit on these boards?
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:20 am

Mark,
I believe they can. Of course, it may be problematic if an employee were to be on the finance board, but I don't know of any problems with an employee being on the other committees except for restrictions regarding selectmen and their spouses being on the Appeals Board. I would suggest you check with the Town Manager's office.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down