Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores???????????

+2
KevinNSaisi
C
6 posters

Go down

BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores??????????? Empty BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores???????????

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:52 pm

Steph and I are we leaving tonight around midnight starting in Auburn. Gonna be fun, this is my first time shopping on Black Friday

Jason

Last edited by Jason & Stephanie on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)

Back to top Go down

BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores??????????? Empty Re: BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores???????????

Post by C Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:00 pm

OMG! I can't even think of shopping! At this point, standing upright is too much effort! I worked my butt off today- tomorrow is recuperation day for me! Though I could do some online shopping....no checkout lines...
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores??????????? Empty Re: BLACK FRIDAY.... ANYONE gone go Brave the Stores???????????

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:02 pm

ayuh, I'll be there (in town).
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:48 pm

I heard on the radio or tv that some online sites are offering free shipping if you order on Monday. They are calling it "Cyber Monday". Not sure of the validity, but I can wait a few days to find out. By the way, as far as going shopping on Black Friday - not just no, but HELL NO!!!!

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Why not shop on Friday?? It is an adventure!!
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 pm

I'll be doing all my x-mas shopping on-line.

Much easier. More efficient. A wider variety of gifts available.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Shopping on Black Friday? No way! Cleaning the house (what, again?), decorating the Christmas tree and wrapping the presents I already bought on Pink Tuesday. I worked in both retail and resorts for years...staying home is a luxury to me...plus I might need a nap and maybe some piano playing time...
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:32 am

by KevinNSaisi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:52 pmWhy not shop on Friday?? It is an adventure!!

It's NOT an adventure....................................................................it's insanity.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:33 am

by KevinNSaisi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:52 pmWhy not shop on Friday?? It is an adventure!!

It's NOT an adventure....................................................................it's insanity

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:37 am

I am really trying to figure out this quote thing.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:16 am

Mexico Wal*Mart had a bunch of people looking for DVDs and electronics. Some had overflowing carts, while others had just a couple of items. Aside from the densly crowded areas, it was quite easy to shop. The primary problem was people who seemed to have no regard for other shoppers. Taking up the entire isle, and stopping or moving v-e-r-y slowly while blocking an isle caused most of the traffic jams. I didn't see any mad rushes nor any fighting. It was essentially just another business day, but with more clerks on the floor and better deals.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Well we got what we wanted to get our Son and family for Christmas, but some people out there are very screwed up, Kohls in Auburn was a breeze to get into and so was Kmart but Walmart, NO WAY, they was beating each other like it was one big HOCKEY fight, place was out of control, We will never do Black Friday there again at Walmart in Auburn , Just crazy. We finished in Mexico at Walmart at 7:30 am and then came home and went to bed..... Now we are heading to PORTLAND for the Monument Square tree lighting and wagon rides with a kids concert of Rick Charette(SP) then back home tonight and we do it all over again tomorrow with a Oxford Hills Santa Parade through Norway and South Paris at 3 pm on Saturday...

JASON

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:15 pm

You're bringing back some good memories of when I lived in Portland...have a great time!
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Jason, aside from the whacky walmart thing (at least they didn't kill anyone there!) you are giving your son some great christmas memories.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by C Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:23 pm

I did go out and shop locally. No carts, no lines. My kind of shopping.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:34 am

I have a confession to make...I know I said I wasn't going shopping on Black Friday but I went to Wal-Mart in Oxford on my way home from Portland tonight. I'm calling it Sweet Saturday. No one was there...it was awesome! I took myself to see The Nutcracker performed at Merrill Auditorium. Addy Gorham, daughter of one of Rumford's infamous citizens and also daughter of a perfectly lovely mother, had her Maine State Ballet debut as a page in the Snow Fairy Queen's court. It was truly lovely...go if you have the chance.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 am

Timeout wrote: Addy Gorham, daughter of one of Rumford's infamous citizens and also daughter of a perfectly lovely mother, had her Maine State Ballet debut as a page in the Snow Fairy Queen's court.

Why do you need to take a nice experience and tarnish it with a personal attack? Doesn't that "build anti-social capital"? I remember when that was not allowed here.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:02 am

Kevin, it's just a joke - I'm good friends with the Gorhams. Joe and I love to give each other the guns...it's an Irish thing. Probably this isn't the right forum for it because other people don't know what our relationship is.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down