Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You

+2
Timeout
Jennifer Stowell Norris
6 posters

Go down

Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You Empty Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:19 am

The River Valley Free Press has been created to provide an opportunity for members of the River Valley communities to converse, debate and connect with each other. We welcome responsible free speech. Those that abuse this privilege may have their comments removed and/or be banned from the forum. Offending comments include, but are not limited to: Potentially libelous (slanderous), Defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, or otherwise hateful, Pointless, excessively foul and/or vulgar language, Inappropriately sexual comments, Baseless personal attacks or otherwise threatening, Illegal material or material that infringes on the rights of others, Or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy our blogs. All comments remain the sole ownership of the person who submits them. We may not be able to review all the comments made in the forum. If you see a post that you believe violates these rules, please contact the forum moderator or administrator. Thank you.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You Empty Group Norms

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:05 am

I think we do better when we stay off personalities, particularly the personalities of other bloggers on the forum. We don't always do it and we have our little spats.

Every time someone new joins a group, any group, there is fighting until that person finds their place - that's normal. This group usually polices itself after a while and that will probably happen here. Eventually we will get back to some new kind of dialogue - we always do.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You Empty Re: Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:50 am

I would love to remain a member of this group. I think a lot of you are pretty neat. Although, I will not tolerate constant personal attacks from someone who doesn't even know me. Again, I have a right to my opinions and viewpoints and I should not be chastised for them here or anywhere. I really want to make this work.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You Empty Re: Remember These Rules Dave, Thank You

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:12 pm

How are the rules going to be applied consistently if the admin doesn't even follow them? Just sayin...
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Jen, as one who has chastised others (and received a couple of zingers as well), I try to focus on the issues, not the correspondent. Kevin, bug, xmashen, Timeout, Phil, C, Admin and I have had our disagreements, but I respect their opinions and try to keep personalities out of the discussion. I accept any position you may take on an issue, whether it agrees with mine or not, but I will be quick to dress you down if your argument becomes personal or an assassination of someone's character. Passionate debate is encouraged; personal attacks are not. BTW, if someone attacks you while I'm online, I will go after him or her with equal vigor. We're here to address the issues, not to denigrate one another.

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:How are the rules going to be applied consistently if the admin doesn't even follow them? Just sayin...

Explain, please.

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Admin is attacking me on another thread, the one about the RFD. And, thank you. I, too, want to debate the issues not personally attack anyone.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:05 pm

When you follow the same rules on here, and on the Rumford Reporter, I will return the favor.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:07 pm

I have a right to my view points. I agreed to tone it down a bit. I have never personally attacked you Dave. And, you should not be personally attacking me. We can agree to disagree Dave. You have your perspective and I have mine. It is that simple. Are you a Democrat? Just curious.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:27 pm

And I'm entitled to my opinions, even about you. You've personally attacked numerous people on your site. Don't like it when the tables are turned, do you?

I'm a registered Republican, but veer more towards the Libertarian viewpoint. And I voted for Obama, because of Sara Palin. She's scary.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm

I have not personally attacked anyone without just cause. And, I, too, am entitled to my opinions. I was just wondering what party you are in because you appear to be one of those Democrats that attacks anyone who doesn't agree with them. I am a conservative Republican and I love Sarah Palin. I think Obama on the other hand is scary and Joe Biden is even scarier. This next four years should be really interesting. I feel for our military considering he has discounted all of the people who have died for a cause that he thinks was unfounded. He'll find out real quick if he gets the security clearance necessary to be privy to that information.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:47 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:I have not personally attacked anyone without just cause.

Using that same logic, neither have I.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 pm

let's all remember that we all have our own interpretation of " just cause". usually it's not all that just.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Just cause is what I tell my kids when they ask why they have to do a chore.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 pm

I love that saying.....because I told you to that's why!
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Your picture of Hugh Chisolm is copyrighted and I don't see where you have permission to use it. Remove it or I will report to the copyright holders.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Go ahead! That is so petty. But, I'm sure you know that it was used to hack the site. Does it scare you?
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Nope. I have no idea what you're talking about.

But somehow you feel you are above copyright law.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Somehow you believe that you are going to bother me. And, you don't.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down