Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

+3
911Dispatcher
steve
Jennifer Stowell Norris
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:52 am

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/294677-3/RiverValley/Santa_falls_children_squall/

I never laughed so hard in my life (except when I read all your posts about me) but given what happened in Mexico, I am concerned about the safety of the firefighters riding on top of the ladder truck while driving down the road.

I can't wait to go to the parade tonight. It sounds really fun.

Last edited by Jennifer Stowell Norris on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 pm

I have updated my most recent article to reflect the perspective of the Rumford firefighters. Hopefully, now that we are working on a relationship to mend the rif here in town, you can continue to provide me with information that helps enhance the story and tell your side of the story.

love

Let's Hope Tonight We Don't Have A Repeat of What Happened in Mexico: The Rumford Santa Parade

According to the Sun Journal article titled Santa Falls, Children Squall, "Rather than risk a repeat of last Friday's parade mishap in Mexico that felled Santa and Mrs. Claus and started small children bawling in shock, Rumford firefighters will use a safer vehicle for Saturday night's Santa parade down Congress Street. Santa will climb down from the fire station roof and ride atop the ladder truck, said firefighter Eric Giroux, secretary of the Rumford Falls Firemen's Relief Association."

"Instead of Santa going on his sleigh, which broke down in Mexico and went 'kaboom' and somebody yelled, 'You killed Santa!' he's going to ride a firetruck, if our ladder truck still isn't being used at the Paris warehouse fire," Giroux said.

For the remainder of the story and a great laugh, please click here.

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

One of our Rumford firefighters has assured us that they will be safe this time, which is good because we care about the safety of our firefighters. Mr. Eric Giroux reports, "Santa will come off the roof of the fire house with a ladder belt on, then they are going to put the ladder down, and Santa is going to clip his belt to the ladder where he can not fall." Mr. Giroux is also interested in any other ideas so that this is a good thing and a safe thing tonight. Thanks for the update Mr. Giroux.

This is going to be a parade you will not want to miss. Sponsored by the Rumford Firefighter's Association, the event starts at 6 p.m. tonight. (12/6/08)
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by steve Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Jen, this is one instance where it doesn't matter what OSHA says. We, as a society, have managed to make every situation a possible reason for civil litigation. There are some things that should be considered sacrosanct - above human intervention. Santa is fully aware of the risk he takes by riding on the ladder truck, but the jolly old elf will not be denied in his efforts to spread a little joy of the season to children of all ages. Merry Christmas!

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:25 pm

What if someone gets hurt? Do you think OSHA will get involved considering they are town employees? What about the workmen's compensation issues if someone actually gets hurt? These are things that a public manager has to think about. I just wanted to make sure given what happened in Mexico that we do this safe for the sake of our firefighters and to ensure the children are not traumatized like they were in Mexico according to the Sun Journal.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Oh yeah, Steve, Merry Christmas. I am going to the parade tonight. It sounds like fun. And, it will give the FFs some good PR on TRR.

Last edited by Jennifer Stowell Norris on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Sounds like we are talking about What If's and liabilty. The same could be said for not having Departments staffed for the What If's or Oh say relying on other towns for back up. You are opening yourself up and other towns to be sued.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:I have updated my most recent article to reflect the perspective of the Rumford firefighters.
I’m not buying your bull about trying to reflect anyone's perspective but your own It’s clear you added to your post for the sole reason to try to discredit them more. You never miss a chance to try to hurt the people of the RFD, both personally and professionally.

You refuse to see how that damages our town and you refuse to see how it makes you look immature and vindictive.

Can you, for once, put the welfare of this town over your personal need for retribution?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 pm

That is why we want to move towards Regionalization of the FDs and PDs. Together, it will be more cost effective and we can work as teams on the issues.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Admin, are you not the one that came up with the rules for this site? If the admin is going to break the rules, then of course everyone else is. Tsk, Tsk. BTW, what kind of retribution would I have with the FD? Have they done something to me to warrant that I would want to get them back for something. Are they the hackers? Just wondering why you think I would want to get back at them for anything.

Last edited by Jennifer Stowell Norris on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm going to sign off for now so I can untangle Christmas tree lights so that when my husband is feeling better, he can hang them up. We just love Christmas and I am really looking forward to the firefighters Christmas parade tonight. I'll make sure to bring my camera.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:05 pm

My comment is neither pointless or baseless. It's an legitimate question on a topic that has been an issue with you for a long time.

Let's try to stick to the topic.

Can you, for once, put the welfare of this town over your personal need for retribution?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Again, what kind of retribution would I have with the FD? Have they done something to me to warrant that I would want to get them back for something. Are they the hackers? Just wondering why you think I would want to get back at them for anything. I'm not liking your tone Admin. You need some anger management or something. I've been working hard not to be angry at mean people and stupid things so now it is your turn.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Just a little reminder Admin of your Rules

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:10 pm

The River Valley Free Press has been created to provide an opportunity for members of the River Valley communities to converse, debate and connect with each other. We welcome responsible free speech. Those that abuse this privilege may have their comments removed and/or be banned from the forum. Offending comments include, but are not limited to: Potentially libelous (slanderous), Defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, or otherwise hateful, Pointless, excessively foul and/or vulgar language, Inappropriately sexual comments, Baseless personal attacks or otherwise threatening, Illegal material or material that infringes on the rights of others, Or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy our blogs. All comments remain the sole ownership of the person who submits them. We may not be able to review all the comments made in the forum. If you see a post that you believe violates these rules, please contact the forum moderator or administrator. Thank you.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Again, what kind of retribution would I have with the FD?

You tell us.

What is crystal clear is that you never miss a chance to try to damage them. It’s all over your website and now you are spreading it here.

Most of us in this town are tired of watching our town be damaged by people trying to be hurtful to satisfy their own personal agenda’s. We are tired of seeing the good people that work to protect us and keep us safe be attacked and ridiculed.

Know this to be true. I’m sure you have hurt the RFD to some extent, but you discredit yourself more when you engage in this kind of behavior.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

I didn't write the article. The Sun Journal is discrediting the RFD. I'm simply making an observation in the hopes that our FD will think about safety. I guess you could think about it as a "safety briefing." Because, I for one am not going to pay someone workmen's compensation if they are not following the OSHA guidelines. Tone it down admin. Nobody is hurting the RFD except the RFD and the SJ doesn't help.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Do you mean retribution for this Admin?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Do you mean retribution for this Admin?

Today, July 2oth a group of concerned individuals gained access to the Rumford Reporter web site and email directories. We call it “the Rumford Tea Party”. People are fed up with the lies, slander and misleading accusations. A Freedom from oppressive and calculating-destructive individuals, which strangle-hold our town.

We “let“ her keep control of the site to teach a lesson in responsibility. If she is truly an educated person, that harpers the concept of community responsibility, shared an equal rights, that offer… not slander, but command ground on an infrastructure that needs to unify. If not! The site will be brought down! You may agree or disagree. This needed to be done!! The secrete is out…..and it’s not a secrete!

We’re convinced that she will be at the law enforcements door,there may not be a budget or leg to stand on. There was no crime committed. Just a lesson in personal responsibility! A copy of the email sent.

To: oops.com
Cc: jennifer.oops.com
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:41:17 PM
Subject: HACK RUMFORD

Hello Jennifer,Our fingers were on the delete button. You should be more careful “submitting” what you have for a secret question. It’s obvious you aren’t too bright. What we call in the field an “educated idiot”. We would like to thank you for providing us with such “interesting information “. We now know who the “submitters” of your lame and weak secured site are. We also noticed that most where "you" talking in third party. Well there goes your credibility. We had fun going thru your diabolical mind. Thank you! The upper hand is at hand.We voted not to delete your site. This was a close vote! This is your lesson to be more responsible! Your hatred is hurting our community! A back door has been left open. Be more responsible! Your band of fools has been exposed.We figure you’ll spend a bunch of time correcting your ignorance and even more time complaining of your victim status. We would like for you to think for a minute, maybe it’s you and your attitude that has brought on such headache. Or the whole world is wrong?

Hack Rumford
Amateur Hackers for community responsibilities!!!
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Wow Jen you may want to do a shut down of TRR when you claim you haven't damaged the RFD because there are prime examples all over your website. Also until there is regionalization a liability still exists. Also regionalzation will take a few years to get running. Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors but I'm typing on a blackberry.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Or retribution for this, maybe?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Or retribution for this, maybe?

*****How the Rumford Reporter was Hacked******

On Sunday July 20th 2008, I was sitting on my couch reading with my feet up. Around 12:30 I had an epiphany. I have been thinking in recent months on how to gag the disturbing Rumford distorter. I’m ok with a computer, but I have a real problem with password and usernames. I like to change them frequently because of letters like this.

I knew Jennifer was using a hotmail.com email address oops.com. So, I jumped online and went to http://login.live.com/ and put in her address. Than I thought for a minute, I have an IP address that may record this. I stopped, got in my car and drove around to find a wireless hot spot, came to the conclusion there are a lot of open networks out there. After finding one that was most comfortable for parking and a strong signal. I tried again to log into her email account, I tried a couple of passwords and was unsuccessful, I clicked on the link password help, which gave me a couple options. I chose to state my area and answer the secrete question. The question was. “Who is your favorite historical person?” Hmmmmm, I knew immediately what that was, since this freak wraps her self in the Rumford flag, it had to be Hugh Chisholm, well I was wrong. It was just Chisholm. I freaked, slammed down my lap top and took of. This needed to be thought about, I’m a law abiding citizen with a good job and loving family. The last thing I needed was to be on the Sun Journal or worse the Rumford reporter. I went home and told my wife. She said” Your crazy! Go mow the lawn!” Ouch! Well I didn’t marry her, to have her, support my mischievousness behavior; I married her to stop that. Anyway, I called my buddy and asked if he could keep a secret, I was very paranoid and asked him if he was on a cordless or an actual land line. (Too much CSI). I told him that I could get into Jennifer’s email. I felt a big ass broad grin come across his face, as he immediately yells to his wife, “honey where in”!! I rolled my eyes and, in came his wife.

I said grab your laptop, lets go for a ride and discuss this information and make “a” some what responsible decision as is what to do. After she called my wife, we were off on a mission. Like school kids looking for beer!

Before we did any thing we did some research. After a quick and futile "whois” report. We had very little. We changed her email password and logged in. WOW. We were in, we changed the “secret question” and starting having fun. We where happy reading her emails, not that this is a huge surprise, but the people who they correspond with are, Mark Balenger, Frank Diconzo, Ron “chapter 11” Theriault, Len “interim” Grealy , Jason ”I’m to sexy for my shirt” Thompson, Tom Fallon, Mark Henry, and finally Kevin “I always have something to say” Siasi. None of this was a big surprise, but it was awe inspiring to see how they actual work. FWI. Kevin is not there favorite; we read a letter he wrote to them about the Lisbon reporter, Len and a phone call at Kevin’s house. He was scolding Jennifer in way we unfortunately have all been witnessed too. She forwarded it to Ron and Frank and called him an ass hole.

Now we wanted the site. We went to blogsbpot.com which hosts her site charterwatch.blogspot.com. We didn’t know the password so we had them send it to her hotmail account that we were viewing. Simple as shit we were in and had access to the rumford reporter. We laughed and looked over our shoulders in a now foggy automobile with four individuals who never thought they would be doing this. There was an excitement about doing what we new was wrong but needed to be done. This mission was now more fun. We thought what do we do? First we didn’t want to do anything to make it look like we where there, we deleted her submitters, and allowed people to post without being questioned. We found the “Delete Blog”. Hmmmmmm. Well if we do this that is that and where done, we voted. The ladies said no the men said yes. As in any marriage they won. Keep the peace! A decision was met to just post a statement.

THE RUMFORD REPORTER HAS BEEN HIGH JACKED!! SITE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP! THERE WILL BE NO MORE LIES AND HATRED POSTED HERE!! FELL FREE TO POST OPENLY.

Also a quick shout out to Jennifer on her ignorance.

That was it for the site, we new they would be on to us. So we moved back to the email account. She had a promotional email from a web site” My Domain.com. in her inbox. Hmmmmm. We traveled there and they sent us the password. This account is where she registered the domain rumfordreporter.com and lets you make changes to where you want the name to point to. We changed it to iamaidiot.com for obvious reasons.

It was now about 3:30 and we knew we where pushing our luck and someone had to pee. We closed the lid on our laptops and went home to view the fallout.

I wanted to do more, I was told to stop! The site up with our post lasted about 40 minutes, they then regained access. She temporality closed the site except for accounts only. By 9 she had reposted like nothing ever happened. If you look closely you will se the changes. She no longer is using the Rumford reporter hotmail account. We still have access to that.

Well our damage was done and we tried to teach a lesson of responsibility to this destructive woman.

We hacked it! We could of and wish in hind site that we deleted the whole site. I guess the moral of this story is: Never take a woman to do a man’s job…LOL ….joking!!!

We where thinking this was Class A, but Kevin has stated it’s nothing more than a Class D. At least give us an E for effort??

………….More to come………..next…….Mark and more lies.

*****Hack Rumford*****

Last edited by Jennifer Stowell Norris on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Are you working right now 911? Is that why you are using a blackberry? If so, we can talk about this when you are not working.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? Empty Or this, maybe?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? IMG_5064-1
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank you for your honesty Jennifer. You believe the RFD hacked your site and you are peeved about it.

I am sorry your site was hacked. I can imagine that was a very unpleasant for you. I know I wouldn't have liked it.

Let me ask you, what proof do you have that members of the RFD did it? Do you have any? Do you really have any idea who did it or are you just guessing?

You've guessed a number of times about who the Admin is here. Also C, and Chuck. You were wrong every time. Just the same, you didn't hesitate to try to be hurtful to whomever you thought we were. Could you be in the same situation now, inflicting pain on innocent people?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Nope I'm at home right now Jen....although I have my suspicions you may call my boss to verify that. I am doing chores and playing with the baby and do most of my online stuff on my blackberry. Its also a better email to reach me at ErinP@ACSAlaska.blackberry.com.

You should also recognize that you are bringing yourself to the level that you accuse the RPD of. Blaming the RFD for your hacking without hard evidence. Seems like someone is targeting (your words not mine) others in the community much like you claim the RPD does.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm just simply asking why you think I would want retribution against the RFD. Nobody has done anything to me except for hack my site. And, I know who Pachebo is, remember the stalker? Technology is amazing and like you have said many times, the information never goes away on the internet. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just making a point. Admin is the one who is accusing me of retribution against the RFD. Again, why would I want to retaliate against the RFD unless they did something to me. Admin is the one who said it, not me. The hacking is the only thing I want retribution for and that will be handled by the Internet Crime Center Division of the FBI.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I also sincerely hope you were not questioning my ability to do my job in a professional manner. I have high recomendations from persons through out the state to include your hero Sarah Palin.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:56 pm

911...I don't think your boss would be very happy with the things you said about your co-workers using the N word and all...I also don't think Sarah Palin would appreciate some of the things you have said about her both on this site and on the SJ comment sections...I was simply assuming you may be at work and being a 911 dispatcher, I figured that you probably wouldn't have time to debate these issues.

Last edited by Jennifer Stowell Norris on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next