Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

+3
911Dispatcher
steve
Jennifer Stowell Norris
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Timeout, I look forward to talking about this more with you.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Fashion or finance? Lol...
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Ok...That made me laugh, too...I'm going to have to have this conversation tomorrow cuz I will be busy tonight...But, I do look forward to talking to you about both. Laughing
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:I have not personally attacked anyone without just cause.

Interesting quote,

I haven't personally attacked you, even with just cause. I have criticized your behavior towards the RFD and the RPD. I also gave you feedback on how that hurts everyone, including yourself. I’m sorry if you perceived my comments as a personal attack.

Steve's point is that perhaps I could have made my point differently and perhaps I could have. I’m hoping that any continuing discussion about vindictiveness against our town employees is no longer necessary.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Is riding a flatbed trailer safe? Is walking down the middle of the road safe? Normally, no. However, riding a flatbed trailer and walking down the middle of the road happen almost every time there is a parade. Should we ban parades because of the unsafe acts they present? I don't think that is going to happen. The fact that Santa will be secured to the ladder with a belt makes his ride safer than most rides on floats. Let's keep things in perspective, please. Otherwise, we will lose these festivities.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Well said, Z. Besides, I'm trying to relive my childhood here!
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Timeout, I have never left my childhood. Besides, when I try, my kids just keep hauling me back into it.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 pm

And you are NEVER too old for your age.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Ohhhhh can I be five again...please, please, please.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Yes Dispatcher..............

you can be five again. Especially Christmas morning.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Thanks Z, but I think I'll be living vicariously through my daughter on Christmas morning, which is almost better than being 5 again. I think I went over board with the presents though
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:49 pm

It's a great feeling watching children open their gifts, isn't it?

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 am

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:As a FC member, I want facts, statistics, presentations, etc. I want to see an effort towards streamlining efforts. I am not a rubber stamper and I am very diligent when it comes to analyzing budgets. I always have a lot of questions." Jen, I appreciate the diligence

"I do not want to hear emotional rhetoric and deal with people getting all mad because for once in their careers, they are being questioned." Too emotional a response from you...be more objective. This is what makes it hard for people to hear any good point you have.

"I've seen a lot of different models out there when it comes to FD and PD and we are definitely doing it the most expensive way." I'd like to hear more about those models.

"I want to do what is best for the community as a whole." Good.

The voting history in this town says a lot. They want to remain under the tax cap (agree) and they also want to see services tapered down. (not sure on this one?)

It can be done without affecting the level of service. Impossible and claiming that is one of the reasons you can't sell the idea.

"I do the job of atleast 3 people in the military given all the cuts we have endured year after year. And, I don't complain about it." Again, too personal...I can do it...my kids always say so what? to that one.

"I will say one thing. The River Valley Chamber of Commerce impresses me because they actually followed through with one of our suggestions in an effort to save money when they moved to the Information Center. They will get rewarded for that as far as I am concerned."
Not sure what you're talking about with being rewarded, etc.?

Let's start with this if you'd like.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3