Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lest We Forget

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lest We Forget Empty Lest We Forget

Post by T Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Rumford's citizens should not forget statements like these which were made by Jennifer Stowell-Norris and The Rumford Reporter:

The Rumford Reporter hopes to change the way that information is brought to you. We may be brash in the way we cover our stories but we tell it like it is. We want YOU to know the truth about what is really happening in our community. We want our community to stand together so that WE can re-build this community the way that it is supposed to be done. If you love our community as much as we do, just keep reading because it will all become clear as time goes on. We've got your back!”

"You [the Rumford Fire Department] are not above the law in other towns like you are here in Rumford."

"once again you [the Rumford Fire Department] are lying to the public when you tell us that only the Rumford firefighters, not our volunteers, can drive those trucks."

"The leaders (and past leaders) in our community use the Sun Journal and Rumford Falls Times to manipulate the citizenry" "This blanket statement can be applied to the River Valley Growth Council, Med-Care, the Rumford Fire Department, and especially the Rumford Police Department."

"the Rumford Police Department supported a groundless allegation by a "shady" person and seized the opportunity to not only add another number but to go after a citizen who has been calling them out for quite some time."

"it appears that the RPD doesn't like Mr. Carey because he has been questioning the police department budget since he has moved back to the area"

"they [the Rumford Police Department] often in general harass people and charge people with things to justify their million dollar departmental budget"

"the Rumford Police Department will find any way they can to pull you over or charge you with a trumped up charge if you have been targeted"

"No wonder we hardly have any young people in Rumford. They are instant targets and because our police officers are determined to pad their statistics to justify their budgets" "Don't be surprised if they find ways to come after you in an effort to pad their statistics and fight the $100,000 decrease in their budget"

"RPD Targets Board of Selectman Member for a Seatbelt Violation"

"The Rumford Reporter predicted that the Rumford Police Department would start targeting the Rumford Finance Committee for decreasing their budget."

"they [the Rumford Police Department] are going after our Rumford Board of Selectmen who support the decrease in their bloated budget"

"This is exactly the kind of corruption that our town has been beat down with for years. And, if anyone stands up to the corruption, they are targeted by the very same police officers that WE pay for with OUR taxes. We say BRING IT ON!!!"

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget Empty Re: Lest We Forget

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Wow T I was hesitant on posting something like this, I'm glad you did though
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:11 pm

applause

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 pm

ok, we've all said dumb things..... (although most of us didn't set up our own site to do it on). But personally, I am appreciative of Jennifer having the gonads to come here to debate/discuss. It doesn't mean I think everything she did was ok... by any means, but I would try to give her the benefit of the doubt. As Thumper's mom in the Disney classic " BAMBI" said, " if you can't say anything nice about someone.... well, say whatever comes into your mind" (something like that).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 pm

xmashen wrote:we've all said dumb things.....
An interesting interpretation...

T

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 pm

Seriously, i can say I was one of the people who couldn't stand her site the most. But no matter how much I disagree with someone, if they approach me and want to talk, i will not turn away or treat them badly (at least not unless they provoke me). She DOES believe in what she's doing, whether we agree with it or not. And we've all been complaining for MONTHS (maybe years) about the inability to directly address things with her, and now we are going to shut her out? That doesn't seem right.

Last edited by xmashen on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad word)

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 pm

xmashen wrote:and now we are going to shut her out?
Who is doing that? The RVFP is not The Rumford Reporter.

xmashen wrote:And we've all been complaining...about the inability to directly address things with her
The ability to directly address things with her is not important. I wanted the general public to have access to The Rumford Reporter and now its "Forum & Blog".

Last edited by T on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added sentence)

T

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:37 pm

well, yeah, and we were getting to that. I honestly have no idea how widely read TRR is. So many things about it tick me off, but there are also some good things. I agree that access from the readers is something missing. If they want to pre-check the posting for language , that's their right of course. But completeley disallowing it doesn't serve them well. The way it's set up now is not what I would consider free access at all. That goes back to the whole " anonymity " thing, but we all are aware of how important that can be.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Not trying to shut her out......just trying to say she can't try to hide the fact that she attacked people, which she was in another post.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 pm

well, she's part of this forum now, so we can address that with her. whether she gets it or not is up to her.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:09 am

come on, guys, i have to go to bed, and I HATE being the last person to post. It makes it look like i don't have a LIFE (which of course, i clearly don't).... so pathetic. So, someone else, please???

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:11 am

where the hell is KEVIN when you need him??

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:12 am

Goodnight pumpkin
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:12 am

Sorry Xmashen....I'll be the pathetic one......Have a good night, sweet dreams, and may the bed bugs not bite.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 am

Winken, Blinken, and Nod..............

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 am

you guys are too sweet! thanks!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:16 am

see now you went and posted again....geez man go to bed! wall
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:17 am

Rolling Eyes

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:18 am

I KNOW! gawd, i am so stupid!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:19 am

Holy smoke, xmashen! You did it again.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 am

yeah, me and britney

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 am

Now I'm laughing out loud and my cats are looking at me strangely......I love the headbanging. Xmas - do you need someone to come tuck you in or something?
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 am

you mean putting the straps on the straighjacket?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 am

duh

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:23 am

Maybe 911 can contact someone in your area for that service...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next