Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach

5 posters

Go down

Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach Empty Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 pm

I just read your Lest We Forget thread. Shall I refer to all of the personal attacks on me on this site? I think it is a bit of a double standard to attack me for pointing out what really happens versus you don't even know me and attack my view points, my body, my clothes, my community involvement, etc.

Despite what you may say, I have a right to my view points. I am not going to kiss your butt but I will have an intelligent debate with you about the issues. I took a step last night and attended the Santa Christmas Parade sponsored by RFD. The folks I witnessed making it work did a fantastic job and they did it with safety. I even had a great conversation with the gentleman who fell in the sleigh in Mexico. He was upset about the SJ article of which you blamed on me. He's okay, by the way, for anyone who is wondering.

I used to believe in unions until I saw how they were using the system here in Rumford. I'm not dissing all unions but I don't think that filing a grievance every time you don't get your way is appropriate. Unfortunately, the RFD takes the fall for 3 people. The rest of them seem to be good folks. I very much appreciate and respect Gary Wentzell but that doesn't mean that I won't have a right in the future to call him out or call out anyone for that matter.

I told you that I would listen to your perspectives but I am not going to engage in petty little attacks. Although, I may extend my claws occasionally because it is annoying to read what some of you write about a person you don't even know. Again, I have a right to my thoughts, perspectives, and opinions.

And, I really do appreciate those of you who are willing to give me some credit for stepping into this wolf's den to deal with this head on. I am very appreciate to all of you for giving me such a thick skin. I'll need it in the world of politics. If Barack Obama can get elected after doing coke and other drugs, I guess I can have a career after all. You can use my words against me but the conservatives and most Republicans will stand behind me 100%. We are all fighting the good fight together.

Lower property taxes, invest in infrastructure, support small and large business, and put government back on the side of the people. It's all about community, integrity, accountability, and fiscal responsibility.

That is my mantra and I'm sticking to it.

Good night, I have some awesome stories to work on for TRR in the morning.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach Empty A public apology to Jennifer

Post by Admin Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Jennifer,

I responded rather abruptly to your post on the “Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?” thread. I assumed that you were attacking the RFD, as I have become accustomed to in the past. Upon re-reading your post, it seems more likely that you weren’t attacking the RFD but simply responding to the story in the Sun Journal.

I want to issue a public apology to you Jennifer. I recognize that you are trying to tame down your attacks and be more objective in your comments about the RFD. I also recognize that I need to read your posts with a more objective eye.

Finally, I agree that we all need to practice what we preach. If we feel the need to challenge someone, let’s all try to refrain from personal comments and stay as objective as possible.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach Empty Re: Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach

Post by T Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Admin wrote: If we feel the need to challenge someone, let’s all try to refrain from personal comments and stay as objective as possible.
How can it not be personal when someone makes accusations like these:

"they [the Rumford Police Department] often in general harass people and charge people with things to justify their million dollar departmental budget"

"the Rumford Police Department will find any way they can to pull you over or charge you with a trumped up charge if you have been targeted"

"The Rumford Reporter predicted that the Rumford Police Department would start targeting the Rumford Finance Committee for decreasing their budget."

"they [the Rumford Police Department] are going after our Rumford Board of Selectmen who support the decrease in their bloated budget"

These charges are serious. If there was evidence, the accuser should have contacted Maine’s Attorney General immediately so that an investigation could be conducted. These charges were made months ago. I’m not aware of any investigation so must conclude that the accusations were scurrilous.

If you think it's not personal, just ask the RPD.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach Empty Re: Lest We Forget; Practice What You Preach

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 pm

Lets not forget her most recent attack on the RPD. TRR in a round about way is accusing the RPD in having a hand in the death of a man on Waldo St. so the town could have the property. She even went as far as to question what the toxicology/autopsy report found. I suggest if TRR wants to be considered a thorough news source they pay the fee and get the report themselves. From my understanding of the case the man had shut his power and heat off prior to his death and that he had medical problems to include diabetes. Most who resort to shutting things off do so because of a lack of funds. Another thing (and this coming from personal experience) persons in these situations will not buy proper medication because of lack of funding. I bet you would find that the man possibly died from lack of medical treatment due to a diabetic complication. Again I don't know unless I get the autopsy report.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:42 pm

TRR was not accusing the RPD of anything but it does appear that they were covering for the Board at the time. And, by the way, I have done a Freedom of Information Act request on when the Town of Rumford did acquire that property because it was probably under the reign of a couple of BOS members that screwed this town and drove it into the ground.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 pm

blah blah blah blah. Same old crap. I'm glad you're not on the Board of Selectman.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm glad that you are not a member of our community.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:because it was probably under the reign of a couple of BOS members that screwed this town and drove it into the ground.
We all try to move forward in the spirit of peace and forgiveness but it appears it's a hard thing to do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Yeah, well look at the mess they left us!!!

Thank you very much.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down