Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rumford Reporter at its best!

+7
911Dispatcher
KevinNSaisi
C
Mark
dr
Z
T
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Rumford Reporter at its best! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rumford Reporter at its best!

Post by Chuck Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Local firefighters contribute to laid-off paper mill workers

By Eileen M. Adams , Staff Writer
Saturday, December 20, 2008

RUMFORD - Mark Tripp said it's bad whenever anyone is laid off from their job, but when it's around Christmas, it's even worse.

That is one reason why the 11 Local 1601 Rumford Fire Department union employees dug into their pockets this week to donate $220 for meals and other needs of NewPage Corp. workers who are on a layoff.

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/296490-3/RiverValley/Local_firefighters_contribute_to_laidoff_paper_mill_workers/
Chuck
Chuck

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

The Rumford Reporter at its best! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rumford Reporter at its best!

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:41 pm

New Mark,
Let me get this straight. You were driving through town to return your sister to her home. You saw a fire. You pulled over and jumped into the middle of the crowd. You noticed no one else was doing it, so you decided to take notes and rate the fire department performance. Later that year, you obtained membership on a local blog so you could report your findings to the town. Your sole motivation is to help the Rumford taxpayer know which behavior they want to subsidize. Have I missed anything?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Mark what are your recommendations then? Let's stop placing blame and start finding solutions
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 pm

And pull your zipper up, pleez!
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:30 am

Mark wrote:Altho I am not a Rumford resident, I had been visiting my sister on the night of the Virginia fire and was driving back home when I saw the fire. I was in the crowd.
You were visiting your sister and happened to be driving back home at 3:26 a.m. when you saw the fire???

Williams called 911 and reported the fire at 3:26 a.m, said police Chief Stacy Carter.

From http://www.sunjournal.com/story/220339-3/RiverValley/Chief_Fire_not_accidental/
The other Mark I know is a liar but at least it's something he's good at. You're just laughable.
Chuck
Chuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:34 am

Go Chuck...it's your birthday...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:34 am

Ohhh some ones pants are on fire (and yes the pun is definitely intenteded)
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:01 am

Perhaps Mark's sister lives in Virginia Shocked
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:07 am

KevinNSaisi wrote:Perhaps Mark's sister lives in Virginia Shocked
Perhaps. I always visit MY sister until 3:30 - 4:00 in the morning. Doesn't everyone? dunno
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:35 am

I love the insults and insinuations.

All of which avoids the question, which is, how competent is your fire department? I have seen the department strike out a number of times. Can you cite instances in which it has succeeded? So far, no.

I would not raise the issue except for the chest thumping, self-righteous attacks on Jennifer who dared question the way the fire department describes its performance each year.

Maybe your town is okay with a fire department that tries hard but is not very good. Or maybe your town wants a fire department that is effective. How do you begin to think about that? First place is to look at how the department has performed in the past.

Does anyone have any real info to contribute to such an evaluation? Again I ask: can anyone cite an example of a fire department success?

Mark

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 am

Again Mark its seems thats all Jennifer and most selectmen are capable of doing is raising questions and concerns and placing blame. This issue has been going on for a few years now and I have yet to see anyone offer a solution to their concerns. Instead of arguing what has been done either good or bad how about we discuss things like proper training, staffing, working equipment, certification....things needed to succeed, or would you suggest what has already been done reduce the force and let fires and emergencies become another towns problems?
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 am

Admin wrote:
KevinNSaisi wrote:Perhaps Mark's sister lives in Virginia Shocked
Perhaps. I always visit MY sister until 3:30 - 4:00 in the morning. Doesn't everyone? dunno

If she lives in the area, he may have stayed over, and been awaken by the commotion.

Perhaps he isn't saying any more because if he did, you may find out his identity. We all know that identities are sacred here on the RVFP, so I suggest that any further inquiry may violate the terms of use. Smile
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:54 am

KevinNSaisi wrote:If she lives in the area, he may have stayed over, and been awaken by the commotion.
Yea, and maybe monkeys might fly out of my butt. He was driving home and happened to drive by remember?

I do believe one thing Mark is telling us. More on that in minute.
Chuck
Chuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:07 am

Wait New Mark, is Jennifer your sister? She too loves insults and insinuations...at least you must be related somehow.

Last edited by Timeout on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : exciting font upgrade)
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:16 am

Mark wrote:I would not raise the issue except for the chest thumping, self-righteous attacks on Jennifer who dared question the way the fire department describes its performance each year.
OK so here's an ounce of honesty from you Mark. This isn't about the RFD, it's about protecting poor little Jennifer. From what I can see, she brings trouble on herself, not because she "dares to question the Fire Department" but because she lies about them and spreads hate and discontent. Kind of like you Mark. When people engage in that behavior, most see it for what it is and few take them serious.

How many people here are going to take Mark serious on this site now? Show of hands everyone.

Let's take a comparative study of the stuff you write and say, 911 Dispatcher. Go back and read her posts. They clearly are well thought out, objective and honest.

OK, How many take 911 Dispatcher serious? Show of hands again?

Mark, maybe you, and Jennifer, could learn from 911D?
Chuck
Chuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:16 am

He said, too, that the coordinated efforts of the Rumford, Mexico and other fire departments prevented the blaze from consuming at least six other buildings because the homes were immediately wet down. Most buildings in the Virginia section of the town are built very close to each other.

"He" being Chief Woulfe.

This statement from the same article that Chuck referenced contradicts your bs comment about the fire departments not doing anything right away.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:21 am

Timeout wrote:Wait New Mark, is Jennifer your sister? She too loves insults and insinuations...at least you must be related somehow.

I think that "Mark" may have written something once before under the name "R Ortez". Yes? No? Maybe?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:32 am

Mark wrote:
What happened to Mark Tripp's post? I can't see it, except in quotes.

Sorry Mark, I fixed the post so it would be less confusing- that wasn't a post by Mark Tripp but by me, quoting information given to me by the fire department.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2