Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids and Ambulances

2 posters

Go down

Kids and Ambulances Empty Kids and Ambulances

Post by Timeout Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 pm

My daughter got to ride in the ambulance yesterday (again). I'm actually thinking of just hiring our own service for her. I have a few more gray hairs today...and once again, I'm grateful for whatever angels are on duty 24/7 watching out for my little cat who evidently has more than nine lives. Snowboarding at Sunday River...yup, no helmet. Let's just say she didn't enjoy her ride down to patrol strapped on a backboard with snow flying in her face...well, at least what she remembers of it. Knocked herself unconscious on some trail through the woods. Lucky girl. Thank you friends who carried her to the main trail, thank you ski patrol, thank you PACE, and most of all, thank you Rumford Hospital. They are actually thinking of dedicating a room to her in the ER...
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Kids and Ambulances Empty Re: Kids and Ambulances

Post by steve Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am

Timeout, sorry to read about your daughter. We try to impress upon our kids the need for protective equipment when involved in certain sports and activities, but all to often our words fall upon deaf ears. As parents and adults, we don't know anything in their eyes. We can only hope that they, like your daughter, survive in spite of themselves. Please be safe in knowing that someday she will be saying and doing the same things you are today, and SHE will be tearing HER hair out and reaching for the Pepto. It's the grand design (doncha know?).

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down