Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRR TODAY, citizens' comments

2 posters

Go down

TRR TODAY, citizens' comments Empty TRR TODAY, citizens' comments

Post by xmashen Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I decided to dedicate this thread to simple responses to TRR postings. While not all of their ramblings are so insidious that they need comment, many unfortunately do. So, let me start with a couple from today’s:

“This is Sad”

“sad” is one of TRR’s favorite words to use when they can’t articulate anything better to make a point. Ok. The grass is overgrown on Hancock Street. Gee! The HORROR! I can think of many sad things… this isn’t one of them. It would take about an afternoon for someone with a lawnmower to spruce it up just fine. It’s hardly a tragedy!

“Elements of a Vibrant Community”

Well, let’s just start by saying that those photos are from a very different kind of community. For one, they are of a city, not a small town. And hey, Rumford has a MacDonald’s too! Dare I ask what the other photos are supposed to represent? A bunch of cars parked in front of a small office? Some (ok, well done) graffiti on a wall? A store sign (hey , I think Rumford has a few) , and a tree wrapped in iron? (Trust me, those iron guards aren’t replaced often enough and many times the trees die from the strangulation). How does TRR know that half the floors in those glass office buildings aren’t empty? Again, it’s apples and oranges. (But it’s typical of TRR to use an orange, when it really should be an apple).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

TRR TODAY, citizens' comments Empty Re: TRR TODAY, citizens' comments

Post by xmashen Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:00 pm

"Conservatives for Patients' Rights"

Just call it what it is ... another nutjob group against ANY kind of universal health care. You want the right to be without health care? just sign up!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:51 pm

I have to say i love the " Son of a Ditch" business name! (Still not sure what "bush hogging" means, but that's ok).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigs Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 am

TRR TODAY, citizens' comments Nuts120gallery_normalTRR TODAY, citizens' comments Ln_logo
Nut Job
Vigs
Vigs

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:44 pm

ok, i don't do this often, but thanks to TRR for posting the incredibly wonderful youtube vid of Dave Carroll's great and groundbreaking song "United Breaks Guitars". The song is genius (not to mention pretty good...) and shows how a bit of creative protest goes a long way. I admit i had to cringe every time i saw that poor broken-necked taylor, but Carroll seems to have taken it all in stride and hopefully will make a ton of money now because of that traumatic incident.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm

I think that maybe working for a govt agency like the census bureau gives you plenty of time to take some (pretty cool) photographs. If anyone is interested in having their house, laundry and other personal items photographed, please contact TRR. Well, even if you don't, there's a good chance that your home/business may be featured anyway.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Damn! she takes pretty pictures!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:19 pm

"some progress made...."

how about a simple " THANK YOU"???

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:39 pm

more "FOX-feeds" from TRR, which is increasingly becoming a right- wing extremist site. Little though there about anything more than rhetoric. (we could all dress up in colonial era costumes).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:51 pm

TRR today

Keep Maine Clean. Actually, i love it. it's simple and good-hearted and not terribly judgemental or heavy handed. Good work!

Library roof - again, a great post. I applaud folks who don't go running after "stimulous money" just for the sake of gobbling it up.

OMG, is this making me a TRR fan? (probably not, but I have to say I appreciate it when it's actually constructive and not nasty).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks to TRR editor for replacing that obnoxious "rosie the riveter" belligerant elephant logo with one of a wax figure of George Washington. For some reason,it's slightly more palatable, even if it's naive and silly.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

statutory rape? Hmmmm. this last TRR post seems personal. Even I can agree that some laws need changing, but, I wonder where this is coming from. (and i don't think it's just from a trip to a state that allows billboards).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm

it looks like both TRR and TLR (sisters, sisters.. there were never any better sisters) are becoming "militia" sites. Full of whacko right wing rhetoric with nothing to back it up but tired old Fox videos. Do either of them mean that the US doesn't need Health Care reform? Or is simply that the reform is originating from Obama's administration and that even if Obama said the sky was blue, they would say it was orange? To me, both sites exude the kind of paranoia and hate that personally depresses me and makes me worry about the direction our country is going. They do not have a monopoly on patriotism, despite their feeble attempts to make it look so.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down