Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, That Poor Woman...

4 posters

Go down

Oh, That Poor Woman... Empty Oh, That Poor Woman...

Post by dr Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:02 pm

The Rumford Reporter As a retired Vet, I am feeling you. We get beat down and used up for other people's careers. It's all about the mission. It gets pounded into your head over and over. It's all you know, live, breathe... I didn't mind serving my country but when I found out my brother had to go, I began to think twice about why we were even there. But, I will always... See More support the troops no matter what because it is not their fault. They entice us poor people with things we just can't say no to like student loan repayment, $15,000 - $20,000 bonuses, the GI Bill, etc.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Oh, That Poor Woman... Empty Re: Oh, That Poor Woman...

Post by T Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 pm

It sounds like she didn't/doesn't support her former Commander-in-Chief, President Bush.

She really is very mixed up. I'd seriously suggest counseling.

BTW...her half brother, Jarrod Crockett, served admirably.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 am

Didn't she say, not too long ago, that she would take a bullet for her country? Yet, when it came down to it, and she found out she was being deployed, she found a way out? Now, this is just my opinion, but it sounds like she wanted to collect the benefits of military service without living up to HER end of the contract she signed. She said that when she found out her brother had to go she began to question things. It sure seems like when she found out SHE had to go is when things began to be questioned.

I also would like to know how many years she was in the military. It seems to me that I recall her saying that she was in for thirteen years. If that is correct, how coiuld she have retired? Retirement takes twenty years. There is a nineteen year option, but you only get half the benefits. Most servicemembers don't choose that option.

"They entice us poor people with things we just can't say no to like student loan repayment, $15,000 - $20,000 bonuses, the GI Bill, etc."

You CAN say no to these things. It happens every day. People choose not to join the military in spite of these offers. The military today is all VOLUNTEER! If you would like to have these monetary benefits, you have to earn them. I wonder if she remembers that she signed an Enlistment Contract.

Just so JSN knows, when I enlisted 20+ years ago, there was NO bonus. I did, however, learn a trade. I have been deployed to combat. If the military decides to deploy me again, I will go willingly. I believe in honoring my contract.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

Thank you for that Z Smile
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 pm

"The Rumford Reporter It's our understanding that one of the local candidates (a woman) has been busy running around town and making phone calls to alert our fine citizens that Jennifer Norris has been in a mental institution. If you want to call 14 years in the military a mental institution, I will give you that. I have come to expect th...at there are those who will go to any lengths for power and greed. I hope you have, too."

There you have it. 14 years. How does she consider herself retired? There is a provision for medical retirement, but I don't think pigmentation meets the requirement. Turning yellow does not allow you to retire.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

So, let me see if I understand this.

Jennifer Stowell Norris enlisted in the United States Army and took advantage of all the perks that position had to offer. She enjoyed weekend outings with the Army Reserve and got to play soldier.

When she learned her brother was being deployed, she began to question the wisdom of her Commander-in-Chief, President George W. Bush, the Pentagon, and the Congress of the United States of America. Because she loved her country, she remained faithful, willing to “take a bullet” for her country and countrymen (including RPD Officer, Tracey Higley and citizen Jolene Lovejoy), and continued to collect the benefits of military service.

Later, Jennifer Stowell Norris learned she was being deployed. Then tragically, something happened. I don’t think she took a bullet for her country or countrymen, but what happened must have been traumatic (reality set in?).

Jennifer Stowell Norris developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can occur after you have been through a traumatic event. A traumatic event is something horrible and scary that you see or that happens to you.

Subsequently, due to PTSD, Jennifer Stowell Norris received a medical discharge shortly before she was scheduled to be deployed. Unfortunately, her premature discharge from military service eliminated her opportunity to retire from the United States Army.

Now, do I have the story right?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:10 am

or, was she in the Air Force?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down