Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly...

5 posters

Go down

Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly... Empty Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly...

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:13 pm

The Rumford Reporter What are your thoughts on building a mosque at ground zero?

For the record, there are no plans to build a mosque at "ground zero".

The plan is to build a 15-story community center that would include a performance-art center, gym, swimming pool, and a mosque. The plan is to build this center two blocks away from the former World Trade Center site commonly referred to as "ground zero".

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly... Empty Re: Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly...

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:17 pm

This project is being spun this way by the right-wing in order to incite the bigots.

T

Back to top Go down

Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly... Empty Re: Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly...

Post by dr Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:43 pm

...and it's working, judging by the comments flying on TRR.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Ed Pomranky pure bs, they should all be run out of the country

Stefanie Wilson OMG I hope that doesn't happen is for all the people who died or for the muslins who gave up their lives for their cause!!! either way I say NO let them plant a trees but please NO MOSQUE

Perri Harding Boggs I am AGAINST it!

The Rumford Reporter
Just checkin. When I heard about it my heart sank.

Mary Jane Newell I hope a crazy terrorist blows it up!

Deena Dube Banaciski It would be a slap in all of America's face if a Mosque was built there. I think its opening the door to more hate crimes against muslims. Just my opinion.

John Lannon
As long as we can blow it up when its finished...... I luv the idea.

The Rumford Reporter They are seriously considering it. No lie.

John Lannon England, France, and Spain are living in fear of the muslims that are in thier countries. The muslims are already calling for these countries to treat muslims under Sharia law. They are a couple generations away from total chaos. By the way..... private gun ownership is severely limited at the same time. These people are screwed, and it is all caused by liberal goverment.

Mike Day Yes, it's a hateful, disgusting thing. From what I understand it's going to bear the name "Cordova", possibly because that was where the first mosque in Europe was built. The implication being that Islam wants to spread deeper into the US, like it has in Europe. I haven't checked my sources on that and it might be conspiracy theory b.s. But let's ... See Moreremember: The land could have been purchased by anyone, and it was on the market for quite some time. I believe it was even known beforehand that the group who purchased it planned to do so, and nobody stepped forward with a better offer.

John Lannon I spent a good part of 20 years around muslims. They are a disgusting society. Women are treated horribly, and outsiders are treated with contempt.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:51 pm

"and outsiders are treated with contempt"

Kinda like how Mr. Lannon and other right-wing nuts treat American born Muslims.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Sorry, T, i like you and all that, but 2 blocks from ground zero is still ground zero. I am personally against the building of a mosque there (or a mosque ANYWHERE, for that matter). Mosques are not "religious" in the way a church or a temple is, but a place for political teachings. Islam is not a "religion" in the way we think of religions.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm not necessarily in favor of it either.

The right-wing nuts are portraying this project as being AT the site. It is not. Two blocks away might as well be two miles away in NYC. They are spinning this as though a shrine for the terrorists is being erected. They do this in order to incite and their bigotry shows. That's the issue I have.

What limit, if any, should be imposed for building such a project? Two blocks? Two miles? Two states? Two countries? Two continents?

xmashen, I hope you're not of the opinion that no mosque can be built in the United States. That's not what our country was partly founded on.

I've been to "ground zero". I was there, down in the hole, eight months after the attack. It was a humbling experience and I take all this very seriously.

Just as I have the ability to distinguish between a right-wing conservative and a right-wing nut, I have the ability to distinguish between a Muslim and a terrorist.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I have also been to ground zero. And while I can say I count some muslims as personal friends, I am also afraid I no longer have the ability to distinguish between a muslim and a terrorist. I think that NO mosques should be built. ANYWHERE. EVER.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Main Entry: mosque
Pronunciation: \ˈmäsk\
Function: noun
Etymology: earlier mosquee, from Middle French, from Old Italian moschea, from Old Spanish mezquita, from Arabic masjid temple, from sajada to prostrate oneself, worship
Date: 1717

: a building used for public worship by Muslims

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:41 pm

So, xmashen, for you and others, Muslim = terrorist. I hope you realize that you have just labeled approximately 1.6 billion people as terrorists.

Sad...

T

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:04 pm

i didn't label anyone. That 1.6 billion people are under the yoke of ISLAM is a tragedy and a danger, to themselves as well as to anyone else outside Islam.
Not all Christians are bigots, but a lot are. Not all muslims are terrorists, but a lot are.

Moderate, thinking Christians often give intelligent voice to issues (most of which do not advocate jihadist violence). Where is the voice of "moderate" Islam? There really is no such thing. Islam has never progressed beyond the 12th century and is based on a major inferiority complex.

I am proud to be anti-Islam. That does NOT mean i am against all muslims. But yes, i am against mosques, anywhere. But to build one in the proximity of the twin towers is such a hard slap from an arrogant hand.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Mosque at ground zero? Not exactly... Empty No Mosque!! Don't tread on me!!

Post by Alexander Nevsky Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Not all Muslims are terrorists! However all terrorists just so happen to be Muslim………No Mosque!!
Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 am

There was a time long ago when the Japanesse were deported or pushed into camps. Time heals wounds and we evolve, but now is not that time
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down