Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

+4
KevinNSaisi
Admin
Timeout
T
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Empty "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:27 am

From The Rumford Reporter:

'finally, we have a Town Manager who is a true leader that chooses to
deal with the problem on behalf of the hard working families here in
Rumford who also feel that "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".'

"And, now I [JSN] am one of those people taking the beating because in my
relentless search for the truth
and the betterment of the community, I
will not stop providing you with the facts behind the issues so that
you can make better, more informed decisions at the ballot box." Sad

"So, please spare us of how you [Insert RFD firefighter's name here] put your life on the line everyday. It would be one thing if you racked up $1,600 in overtime expenses because you actually fought nine fires but it is a completely different thing when you need money because you have a house renovation to complete and
a kid on the way."

"The veil threats to make sure that you are "slow to respond" to a fire
at my house don't scare me. Mexico will show up first anyways." Shocked Rolling Eyes

"Our next story on this topic will actually include the overtime
expenses accrued thus far this fiscal year and we guarantee you won't
be happy when you see it." Cool

"We [The Rumford Reporter clique] are willing to take the beating for you Rumford because we don't have hidden agendas." cheers cheers Sleep

[ therumfordreporter.com/2008/10/historical-moment-in-rumford-town.html ]

Last edited by T on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Empty Re: "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:47 am

JSN is more entertaining than Sarah Palin. Very Happy

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 am

Wow, I think they actually crossed the line into lawsuit zone since they are targeting one specific fireman. Good luck with that.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:23 am

I'll be sending my letter to the tm asking how ethical, etc. it is for members of the finance board to engage in this type of posting...it really crosses the line. Didn't one of our selectmen get his hand slapped by the board for posting similar in the local paper? Can't we learn anything here?
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:40 am

I think in this situation TRR’s agenda is pretty clear. It’s retribution to the RFD for having the audacity to actually stand up to them by correcting some of the lies and half truths. TRR doesn’t like that and they are a malicious bunch. It sure isn’t about the safety of the citizens of this town. That has been clear for some time now. When you read the torrent of hatred coming from that aticle, their true agenda becomes very clear.

They have written articles constantly berating the RFD. From ignorant things like they block the sidewalk for our citizens to bloviating about their first responder service as if it was some sort of weapon of mass destruction.

Their facts are often little more than half truths in which to exact their retribution. We have committed an entire column to correct all of the half truths, lies and slander. They have yet to correct one lie that they’ve told our citizens. They aren’t about the truth.

JNS wants to claim victim status now that her vindictiveness, lies and slander have turned the anger of many in this town against her. She never looks at why this anger often turns to her, despite our attempts to be very clear and to offer to turn things around.

There is a reason why anger and turmoil follow some people in their life. They create it.

It’s no secret the Fire Department is overspent with their overtime budget. The problem here isn’t the Firefighters; it’s the mismanagement of the department. It isn’t because the RFD is filled with greedy, selfish individuals as TRR and Len Greaney would have us believe. The RFD is understaffed.

They actually bargained for a substantial pay cut to keep four men on the force because they care about safety of our town. Now if only TRR would care a little more about us citizens of the town and less about their repulsive campaign of revenge against anyone that dares correct them.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:54 am

Admin - some of the reasons are pretty clear as you said. I wonder if the editor thinks bringing the "crimes" to light as she did in another town will prove that she should have been chosen TM or at least make up for past mistakes. I think some time should be spent investigating the difference between "public information" and the "right to know". For instance, we don't need to know from the finance board that town employees are making babies...lol...(sorry, couldn't resist that).

Is there a chain of command to follow for people on a board for a municipality with first hand privy to town info to bring that info first to the board chair or the selectboard or tm before bringing it to the public? Is it that TRR trusts no one in town other than itself? Do we want these kinds of people on the finance board? Seems like a position of trust.

I worry when people seem to be "on a mission"; sometimes their mission blinds them. It's almost as if they tell themselves they don't have to answer to anyone because they are operating on a higher plain than the rest of the town officials...kind of like CIA thriller or something.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:10 am

Timeout,

You've made some excellent points and asked some excellent questions that need to be addressed.

The Finance Board has already been used maliciously "to send a message" by at least one member. That's just gong to continue to erode trust of the Finance Board.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 am

Whether it's against the RFD or another group or person, TRR will continue their provocational "editorials". A viperous personality will poison, and no Sunday sermon will hide that one's true nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:38 am

Someone needs to check "her" well-being.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:43 am

Timeout wrote:targeting one specific fireman.
Ok, so I'm a little slow. Which fireman? Can someone send me a private message and let me know?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:21 am

Now I'm thinking...TRR has done this before - they post what they call a "teaser" and then build the audience to boost readership and get the reaction they want...hmmm...to make it extra juicy they draw attention to family members of the person they want to get - we just saw that one...nasty stuff. Do we keep taking this stuff seriously or do we just not give the reaction they are looking for? Just thought I'd share that out loud instead of renting it space in my head.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:40 am

Is it not true that the RFD Chief and/or the town manager must approve overtime or can a firefighter work overtime anytime he or she pleases?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Any information received by the finance board is public informtion. They don't have reason to meet in executive session. The selectmen may obtain confidential info, but the finance board only deals with the budget, which belongs to all of us.

Firefighters usually follow a protocol when a person is unable to work. The protocol usually favors the most senior firefighters in terms of getting overtime. That is why it seems to be going to only a couple of people. Mark T., tell me if I am wrong.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Unfortunately that public information is being made public by a board member who probably should be taking it up the chain of command rather than publishing directly. Serious conflict of interest here...Mark got reprimanded in executive session last year for the same thing...we have determined as a town that this is not appropriate. If TRR were not on the board and were just a citizen...oh well...but they hold a trusted position and are using information to publicly damage one particular town employee. I'm sure this is going to make Tom Carey's hair turn more grey than it is if he has to render opinion on it...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm

To me this is more of Tom Peterson's "Thriving on Chaos" or what we've heard called the "shock and awe" strategy. They really have to come up with something new. I know I'm not the only person in town who went to school for business management.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:12 pm

If the town’s charter, ordinances, firefighter’s contract, and department protocol are all being followed, then Jennifer Stowell-Norris and The Rumford Reporter have no issue with any firefighter of the Rumford Fire Department. They need to take their complaint(s) to the RFD chief and the town manager, both of which are (were) supported by The Rumford Reporter clique.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Mark got reprimanded in executive session last year for the same thing...we have determined as a town that this is not appropriate

I'll bet he wanted that kept a secret, how did you hear that? Is that only time he's been reprimanded?
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:05 pm

That executive session was on the night that DiConzo first recommended getting rid of the first responder program. The meeting was at the Eagle's. I expressed my views on keeping first responder at the meeting and had an earful from Ron and Seth. I think Dean Milligan was also there to make a presentation for Med-Care. The next morning I called Frank to tell him what I thought of his behavior at the meeting and to express my concern regarding the fireman singled out in the newspaper by Mark. Frank told me that Mark had been reprimanded by the board that same night in executive session.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm

"those who cannot get the job they want (or have been fired) are forever condemned to go after anyone and everyone they ever perceived to be standing in their way"

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Any disciplining done in executive session is unofficial. The board cannot make any decision in executive session, much less act on a decision. This does not mean it doesn't happen, it just means that procedure would not have been followed.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:11 am

TRR is shaping the debate over the RFD with same vitriol and contempt that they are known so well for. It’s the same strategy that has made our town a war zone over the last few years. Don’t attack the problems in the town, attack the people in it.

The TRR attacks on the RFD have been incessant over the last few years. Lately they have continued their attacks with the same strategy that Len Greaney talked about in his memo, casting our firefighters as lazy, greedy and manipulative. They compare the overtime the firemen have needed to put in as another form of government welfare and attempt to raise the hackles of the community toward our firemen.

They also play the victim for how they suffered so for daring to do what’s right for the community, never taking any responsibility for how their vengeful behavior has hurt this community and caused the communities anger to be cast upon them at times. They act like the town bullies and then play victim when people get angry at their bullying behavior.

For the record, never on this forum has anyone ever said members of the RFD should be granted excessive amounts of overtime just for the sake of them getting it. What we have said, time and time again, is treat our professional firefighters (and all our town employees) with respect. These kinds of personal attacks made on our firemen do nothing to help the community and is a big part of the root cause of all the turmoil in this town.

We have also said don’t waste our money but make part of the discussion about funding all of our departments based on good data that includes a concern for the safety of our citizens. Our town departments serve a purpose I this town, especially the ones that are charged with our safety. I don’t like paying taxes either but if (heaven forbid) my family or I am in need of a fireman or a police officer, I want them to be able to be here, and come with the resources they need to be able to protect us.

I’m not thinking that’s too much to ask.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 am

Let's see. Who DOES TRR like? Looks like it's Seth Carey, Ron Theriault, Mark Belanger and.............................................. Sarah Palin.

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 am

My reply to this subject and TRR, is simple. If anyone feels there are illegal actions happening at RFD, FILE A COMPLAINT. To sit back and throw rumors, like they do is breading hate and discontent just like they like it.
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Firefighters usually follow a protocol when a person is unable to work. The protocol usually favors the most senior firefighters in terms of getting overtime. That is why it seems to be going to only a couple of people. Mark T., tell me if I am wrong.

Kevin,

You are right that we follow protocol. The protocol favors the low man on the off shift. If someone refuses the OT it goes through the list until someone takes it or someone get mandated to take it.
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Mark, thanks for the info on how the ot works. I appreciate the Fire Department holding its head up and and not sinking to the level of their detractors. I will leave it to the FD and municipal govt. to iron out the wages and ot issues...I have a real problem with people on the Finance Board using info they obtain in meetings to then single out town employees. There is something to be said for saving money in all of our departments...I don't think anyone would argue that. At this point, however, the only reason for the TRR members of the finance board to keep up the fight is to drive down morale. Why? Do they think that going after the most senior members until they quit is an effective way of bringing down payroll? Yuck.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next