Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Blue when surrounded by Red.............

4 posters

Go down

Being Blue when surrounded by Red............. Empty Being Blue when surrounded by Red.............

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 am

Today was a pretty historic day to say the least. I knew Maine was going to be voting blue, and that most from Maine were and have always been on the left. Living in Alaska for the past ten years I also knew that I was in a foreign land that literally bled red. So what does that really mean? I'll give you a perfect example. Tonight at work I heard some very concerning things from some co workers of mine. One was the N word and the other was the word queer. Both of these words were used in a very negative context when talking about Obama and Obama supporters. Needless to say I had a very hard night trying to tone out the conversations that only continued to get worse as the night went on. See I grew up in a christian home that taught tolerance. I learned from a very young age that the world is made up of all kinds and we all share the world together. I also learned that even though I may not agree with all of them, name calling, especially hateful name calling, was never to be used. I was taught to be open minded and to see issues from every angle possible. I was taught to consider what it would be like to be in the other persons shoes. I guess those teachings some how missed being taught in red states, or at least this red state. I just wanted to put this out there that I truly miss Maine and the people from Maine on this historic night.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Being Blue when surrounded by Red............. Empty Re: Being Blue when surrounded by Red.............

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 am

McCain did a beautiful job on his concession speech...I was very impressed with the man. Glad Palin didn't follow up. Sorry 911, you sound lonely for home.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Being Blue when surrounded by Red............. Empty Re: Being Blue when surrounded by Red.............

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:09 am

More just hating being surrounded by intolerable, sore losing, hateful people right now. They could have found a better way to push their issues and concerns then calling certain states and citizens by some pretty awful terms. I agree with you though McCain was very gracious tonight.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:49 am

I think it's shocking when you realize that hatred and prejudice really exists...it's even more shocking in people you think you share common values with like co-workers or even friends. The trick is not to lose your own balance even if it seems no one in the room is on the beam. I always want to believe in people - some people have a little more ugly in them than others. Keep the faith.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:29 am

I just want to tell you that I was touched by your post. Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by C Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

Prejudice, intolerance and hatred all seem to stem from ignorance and irrational fear. It must really be frustrating to be amongst people who are so closed-minded and uneducated about the people outside their borders.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm

911Dispatcher,

Thank you for your post. No wonder young people like you flocked to Obama.

You are our future and that makes me hopefull for our country. You Rock!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down