Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past"

+2
xmashen
T
6 posters

Go down

TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past" Empty TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past"

Post by T Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 pm

From The Rumford Reporter:

"We are looking to speak with people who may have been harassed by Town Officials in the past."

"After conducting numerous interviews with people in the community regarding specific incidents whether it be the police department violating your rights, the Fire Chief threatening to close you down while others get a pass, or previous town managers telling you that they want to rid the town of "riff raff" and are not willing to help, we want to hear about it."

"Our concern at this moment is that the actions of those town officials in the past are being blamed on our leadership today"

"Our conversations will remain anonymous"

therumfordreporter.com/2008/11/harassed-by-town-officials-in-past-if.html

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past" Empty Re: TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past"

Post by xmashen Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:02 pm

not talking "vendetta" here, just collecting information! and , by the way," all conversations are anonymous unless I think otherwise."

Last edited by xmashen on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past" Empty Re: TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past"

Post by Timeout Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:56 pm

They must be running out of contributors.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Did they ever actually HAVE any?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 pm

I think most of them were , how can i put this politely...... FABRICATED?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:09 pm

TRR seeks to "heal the wounds of the past" and start some new ones by printing hate mail from Michael Heath.

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:15 pm

I was gonna say that TRR is showing its true colors (but that would disrespect cyndi lauper). But it's no big surprise that they would be big proponents of prop 8. It fits right in to everything else. What does this have to do with Rumford? What does Sarah Palin have to do with Rumford? These are clearly personal agenda. I am getting so sick of this garbage, couched in " community concern". what a bunch of BS.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Michael Heath purports that there are no hate crimes perpetrated against gay people. Does anyone remember Charlie Howard? How about Matthew Shepard? They we both killed because groups of young, white men "didn't like fags". This is the kind of hate spread by Michael Heath under the guise of Christianity.

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

it seems like Michael Heath fits right in with the TRR " staff"

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:33 am

Okay this just chaps my butt! When I worked in Wasilla we had a mayor who thought she could instruct the PD to do certain things such as breathalyze every patron at a bar just to harass the owners. TRR needs to learn what STATE laws are. The RPD is paid by the tax payers of Rumford for public saftey purposes. The budget is over seen by the selectman/board. However the selectman can not dictate what laws are enforced, who gets a free pass, or who they can and can not contact. They also do not just walk up to low income homes and make a pretend call for service on those persons. Any police department is held to the law not to personal agendas. With that said TRR has no legal right to represent anyone or file a complaint on behalf of someone. That person needs to go and file paperwork that is processed by a higher office than RPD. It is then investigated and if needed action is taken. JSN please if you read this do some damn research first so you at least sound somewhat knowledgeable.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:24 am

911Dispatcher wrote:JSN please if you read this
She reads every word. Wink

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

TRR moves to "heal the wounds of the past" Empty Job Security

Post by Timeout Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 am

When I read the article it looks more as if she is trying to recruit business for her new position...wait, I hope that isn't getting paid out of economic development too???? Tell me it isn't. That would be weird. Does anyone know?
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:39 am

Timeout wrote:When I read the article it looks more as if she is trying to recruit business for her new position...wait, I hope that isn't getting paid out of economic development too???? Tell me it isn't. That would be weird. Does anyone know?

Keep trying to launch the rumors and misinformation,

Answer is, of course, no.

I thought this site was supposed to promote constructive dialogue.

Last edited by C on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phil, regardless if you know- or think you know the person you respond to- if you need to use a name- please use the username the person used when posting. Thank-you. ~C)

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks for the answer Phil. Just making sure...I was about to call the town office to find out.

Okay, I did call them and she is not being paid.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:14 am

The only reason I am asking is because economic development money was used to help move people from town-owned housing into new housing, etc.

Well, it's not the only reason I'm asking. I also want to be certain that we are not paying someone to go after our own town. Too much conflict of interest there for my taste.

Last edited by Timeout on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added 2nd paragraph)
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Phil Blampied writes: Keep trying to launch the rumors and misinformation,

Answer is, of course, no.

I thought this site was supposed to promote constructive dialogue.

Hi Phil,

Asing a question isn't starting a rumor. In fact, it's a great way to squash them. I would argue that is constructive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Just curious: is it true admin still has a basement full of slave laborers turning out toxic toys for sale to orphans? Just curious ... anybody know?

Just want to squash (quash) a rumor (yum) I heard ...

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:Just curious: is it true admin still has a basement full of slave laborers turning out toxic toys for sale to orphans? Just curious ... anybody know?

Just want to squash (quash) a rumor (yum) I heard ...

Nope, it's not true. I am now paying 25 cents an hour to the orphans for making the toys and we only use lead paint.

See Phil, the truth came out... Thanks for asking so we could clear that up. applause
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down