Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regionalization - What's holding it up?

+9
Dave
Vigs
FireDawg314
911Dispatcher
xmashen
KevinNSaisi
public slave
Z
Timeout
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Regionalization - What's holding it up? - Page 4 Empty Re: Regionalization - What's holding it up?

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:40 pm

The answer to my question is : Intent

Of course, we don't know the intent of each member of the board, so some choose to make assumptions as to intent. The assumptions are based upon one's opinion of intent.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Regionalization - What's holding it up? - Page 4 Empty Re: Regionalization - What's holding it up?

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm

FireDawg314 wrote:Kevin, some of us are truly interested in the betterment of the town(s) especially the regionalization issue and dont really care to hear you drag side issues out in order to try to show that you know more than everyone else.

FD314,
I was asked a question, and I answered it throrughly. From that process developed a discussion on the issue. I am being polite and not atatcking anyone with my comments. If you choose not to read my comments, I would suggest that nobody is forcing you to do so. The intent of my comments is to express my opinion based upon my knowledge. I would suggest that you are making an assumption that my expressing these comments is intended to show off. Each person on this forum has had various experiences in their lives. I happen to have been on the board and have seen things first hand. I also speak with many people in the course of a week, from which I learn. If we were speaking on topics where I had no background, I would take in whatever those who are experienced in the field had to say. However, in areas where I have experience and/or training, I tend to contribute my thoughts.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Now back to our original program....
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm still waiting for the conversation rule book Kevin......
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:56 pm

kevin can't help " overthinking" , but sometimes that's a good thing.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 pm

If the towns were to merge, would it be better for us to maintain a five member board or go to a seven or nine member board?

I would remind you that Med-Care is a large board and they tend to vote all the same way on certain issues. This leads me to the issue of term limits. Should a person be limited to two terms on a board? Should they be allowed to run again after a three to four year break?
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I think a 7 member board would be a good thing. I also have already heard of 5 people who are considering running. It's hard to judge intent; it's easier to judge actions.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:58 pm

anyway, i still think 7 is better! and i don't CARE what anyone else thinks (that's the 14 year old me).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

and kevin, it's almost time for your weather update!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:01 pm

timeout and I will be interviewing the two-headed woman found wandering on route 2

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:01 pm

911Dispatcher wrote:I'm still waiting for the conversation rule book Kevin......

I was having a discussion when I was told to stop. Somebody else has imposed their rules upon me. It would appear that one cannot express their opinion if it is informed and/or well thought out. Where is THAT rule book?

We each interact with others based upon our own expectations. Unfortunately, others don't always fit our expectations.I believe we need to learn to respectfully interact with others, but that is just my rule. Very Happy
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm

xmashen wrote:and kevin, it's almost time for your weather update!

See, now I consider this to be mocking my post about the weather. I find it rude, but someone else may find it humorous.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:03 pm

i was just teasing you. geeeesh. not " mocking"

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 pm

xmashen wrote:kevin can't help " overthinking" , but sometimes that's a good thing.

Would you rather people not think things through thorughly? I find that to be a much worse position to be in.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 pm

xmashen wrote:i was just teasing you. geeeesh. not " mocking"
Thus proving the difficulty in determining intent.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:06 pm

i asked you that question for a reason. I thought you would be the best person to answer it, based on your knowledge of the history and also your expertise at RULES. ok?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Timeout wrote:I think a 7 member board would be a good thing. I also have already heard of 5 people who are considering running. It's hard to judge intent; it's easier to judge actions.

So the Republicans in Congress are all in collusion to overtake the government??? WAIT, bad example!! Embarassed wall
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:08 pm

very bad, yes

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:09 pm

xmashen wrote:i asked you that question for a reason. I thought you would be the best person to answer it, based on your knowledge of the history and also your expertise at RULES. ok?
I appreciate your faith in me to provide an educated, well thought out answer. Very Happy
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:11 pm

xmashen wrote:very bad, yes
The Democrats are in the same boat. I wish we didn't have political parties. I vote based upon the person and their platform. Unfortunately, the platform is usually developed by their party. I think Obama is different, but let's not go totally off thread.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:If the towns were to merge, would it be better for us to maintain a five member board or go to a seven or nine member board?

I would remind you that Med-Care is a large board and they tend to vote all the same way on certain issues. This leads me to the issue of term limits. Should a person be limited to two terms on a board? Should they be allowed to run again after a three to four year break?
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:14 pm

I guess the issue I have Kevin is that through your post I don't see how you are open minded or willing to see things others are saying. I have more respect for a person who can admit when they are wrong instead of beat it to death so the person gives up. You've said some things that have made others rethink their opinion. I've yet to see you do the same even when the other person has a valid point.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:26 pm

911Dispatcher wrote:I guess the issue I have Kevin is that through your post I don't see how you are open minded or willing to see things others are saying. I have more respect for a person who can admit when they are wrong instead of beat it to death so the person gives up. You've said some things that have made others rethink their opinion. I've yet to see you do the same even when the other person has a valid point.

In this (and perhaps other discussions) I may not have acknowleged when a valid point was made. I agree that the math on a seven member board makes sense, but in politics sense is typically irrelevent. If we were looking at a scientific experiment, I would be more likely to concur, but when you include the human factor, logic and hypothesis goes out the window.

I will try to recognize valid points mopre often when posting.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Very appreciated Kevin....Thank you Very Happy
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:47 pm

so, kevin, you AGREE that i am right? 7 is better?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next