Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow Removal

+2
xmashen
C
6 posters

Go down

Snow Removal Empty Snow Removal

Post by C Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Another issue that was discussed during the selectman's meeting was snow removal. Evidently some are upset that people are pushing snow from their driveways out into the road. I do see their point to some extent. I know places like Plymouth Ave can get rather narrow. But some of these people have very short driveways, and very limited space. When we get 6" of snow they can probably take care of what falls from the sky without putting any in the roadway. In many cases, the problem occurs when the town snowplow comes by and puts a two foot snowbank across that driveway, at least doubling the amount of snow for the owner to clear. So is the town suggesting that they (who have more snow disposal resources) can take the snow from the roadway and plow it into a persons driveway and then it is the driveway owners job to find a place for that snow that is not on a sidewalk or in the road??? Can't they try to work with some of these people to find a solution?
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Snow Removal Empty Re: Snow Removal

Post by xmashen Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 pm

this may sound simplistic, but if you shovel only to the side that the plow will simpy move it forward, and away from a driveway.... (assuming you don't have another driveway 10 feet away..).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh...........winter pet peeves!

#1. I hate when people inconsiderately pile their driveway snow onto the sidewalks.................and then even the sidewalk plow cannot get through.

#2. I hate when people don't bother to clean the snow and ice from their vehicles, and drive with only a little peep-hole in the windshield. My car was hit last winter by crusted snow sliding off a snowmobile trailer going in the opposite direction...........it cracked my windshield and tore off my driver's side mirror...............and scared the crap out of me.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason & Stephanie Tho Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Why is a Current selectman still pushing it across the road??? I heard that the police were up there to see him like 2 storms ago and warned him NOT to push snow across the street.

Last edited by Jason & Stephanie on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

Jason & Stephanie Tho

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Jason,
Who cares, as long as they clean up the mess!

who?

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason & Stephanie Tho Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

who? wrote:Jason,
Who cares, as long as they clean up the mess!

Rules are Rules and they need to be followed. If I push snow across the street one of you would call the police on me. It starts with Selectman to set the rules straight. What good is it if a Selectmen can't follow the rules.

Jason & Stephanie Tho

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Wow, a pesron such as yourself and the group you hang around and you want to talk about rules? What a joke, besides you live in Greenwood so who cares what you do!

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Don't get your strings tangled up.

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason & Stephanie Tho Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 pm

who? wrote:Wow, a pesron such as yourself and the group you hang around and you want to talk about rules? What a joke, besides you live in Greenwood so who cares what you do!

Your right, why do I care.................I DON"T applause applause applause

Jason & Stephanie Tho

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Read it again in ENGLISH I did not ask you why you care. I said who care what you do!

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by C Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 pm

I think people think that the snowplow or sidewalk plow will come along and easily clean up what they aren't sure what to do with.
C
C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:21 pm

why can't we just put it all in big plastic bags and store it in the cellar til spring?

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Didn't Les Otten do that? Bring some snow somewhere? Vigs, help me out here. Wait, he brought it to the Boston Common. There was no snow down in MA and he wanted to get the skiers motivated...kind of a press stunt. I think he brought it to New York City too for good morning america or something like that when American Skiing Company stock went public. Maybe we can bring it to Bethel for another snowman?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Maybe we could pile it up in front of Town Hall and shape it into trees? LOL

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Or maybe AB could come up with another one of his colorfull signs? I can see it now. Your snowman's SH*T belongs to you pick it up! applause

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by C Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Lol, geez, I've got that snowman cr*p all over my lawn too. Maybe we should all post signs...
C
C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down