Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breach of Forum Etiquette

3 posters

Go down

Breach of Forum Etiquette Empty Breach of Forum Etiquette

Post by dr Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 am

Partly because of my ignorance and partly because of my thoughtlessness, I made a public faux pas by deliberately posting two private messages that were sent to me.

My apologies to you, Kevin, and to all the other members of this forum.

Having said that, I am still puzzled as to why Kevin, of all people, chose to send his replies to one of my posts as private messages.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Breach of Forum Etiquette Empty Re: Breach of Forum Etiquette

Post by C Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm also puzzled why he felt the need to respond privately to comments you made publicly. Or why he felt he couldn't post it on the main forum yet could post it to people individually that he doesn't know. He may have simply felt compelled to educate you as to why your opinions were faulty, or he may have been simply casting blame on another member hoping you'd take the ball and run with it. I guess we'll never know.

BTW. I seem to remember the "victim" posting contents from my pm to him on an earlier thread....
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 pm

first of all, none of the PM's were of a " personal nature" , just more blah blah about the topic. i don't really see that posting that was any invasion of privacy. Kevin, bless his heart, IS after all, a RULES guy. And i believe rules have their place, but if we all played by them, it would be a sorry world.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:48 pm

If i , for example PM'd someone to say that . for example, C or ADMIN was a jerk (which clearly they are not) and the recipient posted that, then that would be different.It's nice of you to apologize for the perceived breach of etiquette, dr, but no need to feel any guilt. Kevin seems to LIKE to get offended. At least as far as I can figure out. I hate it that he felt he had to leave, though, since he has a lot of knowledge and I truly believe he has the good of the community at heart. But we all have a choice. I hope he reconsiders and comes back and realizes that not everything said here is personal.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:51 pm

oh, and GOD BLESS YOU!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 pm

I think it all boils down to judgment and trust. If you are pm'ing someone you need to keep the content within the nature of your online "relationship".
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down