Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumford Reporter

+2
Admin
KevinNSaisi
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rumford Reporter - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumford Reporter

Post by ValleyGirl Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 pm

I just looked at the coding for TRR (with Firefox, it's under View->Page Source), and I didn't see anything suspicious. Having said that, however, I'll also say that I'm a novice, not an expert. I didn't see any code--HTML, Java, CSS, etc.--that wasn't directly related to content visible on the site.

I do read TRR fairly regularly, more out of intellectual curiosity than anything. I like the positive and/or benign posts and info, but I do not like the negative, slanted, and personal attack posts.

ValleyGirl

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:17 pm

From AVG Software Company:

Did you know?

The number of poisoned web sites is increasing. 1 in 1000 web pages are infected with malicious drive-by downloads (source IDG News).
With the new AVG 8.0 you can search and surf the Internet safely.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 pm

ValleyGirl,

Welcome and thank you for your input on this issue.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:33 pm

This is quoted from Jim Baumer's blog.
It's strange they just can't let the Eldridge issue go. Eldridge must feel creeped out too...

I lump these two online news sites together, because TRR came first, and first clued readers to the trail of trouble that leads from Rumford, to Lisbon.
A small group of local news gadflies took over the former River Valley Reporter, and made it a must read for anyone wanting some actual news from the River Valley, instead of the tired, pro-crony tripe that the Sun-Journal had been serving up for far too long.
If you follow the news trail, you’ll see that former Rumford town manager, Steve Eldridge, landed a cush job in the Town of Lisbon, and not too long ago, former River Valley Growth Council Director, Rosie Bradley, also showed up as director of economic and community development. There were other issues plaguing the government of the town, also. Since the Brunswick Times-Record cleaned house, and dumped former reporter, Michael Reagan, no news coverage of any merit was forthcoming.
Until the launch of The Lisbon Reporter that is. Now, the citizens of the town can access content online that gives them a sense of some of shenanigans that are being perpetuated by those elected to carry out their wishes.
Both sites provide news, and should be regular destinations for anyone that cares about either community, or cares to consider that similar malfeasance might be happening in their own communities. Maybe we’ll start to see many other similar sites popping up all over the state, shining some disinfecting light on small town power-tripping.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

The Rumford Reporter and The Lisbon Reporter's vigilante “journalism” is creepy, especially when they mix it with religion.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:30 pm

T, I completely agree with you. "Creepy" is such an apt description. I moaned when I first read her pontifications..........
TRR can throw in some "Pollyanna" good cheer now and then, but it only masks the reek of malevolence. The preachy Sunday tidbits are ludicrous considering the rest of the verbal slamming on the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2