Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin

2 posters

Go down

Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin Empty Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin

Post by T Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin:

"there is little sign that she [Palin] has the tools, the equipment, the knowledge or the philosophical grounding one hopes for, and expects, in a holder of high office."

"it's unclear whether she [Palin] is Bushian or Reaganite. She doesn't think aloud. She just . . . says things."

"She [Palin] does not speak seriously but attempts to excite sensation—'palling around with terrorists.' If the Ayers case is a serious issue, treat it seriously."

"She [Palin] is not as thoughtful or persuasive as Joe the Plumber"

"This is not a leader [Palin], this is a follower, and she follows what she imagines is the [Republican] base"

"She [Palin] doesn't seem to understand the implications of her own thoughts."

"when you [Palin] play only to your little piece, you contribute to its fracturing."

"In the end the Palin candidacy is a symptom and expression of a new vulgarization in American politics. It's no good, not for conservatism and not for the country."

"yes, it [the Palin candidacy] is a mark against John McCain, against his judgment and idealism."

Source: WSJ

From Wikipedia: Peggy Noonan (born Margaret Ellen Noonan on September 7, 1950, in Brooklyn, New York) is an author of seven books on politics, religion and culture, a weekly columnist for The Wall Street Journal, and was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan. She is considered a political conservative.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin Empty Re: Peggy Noonan on Sarah Palin

Post by T Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm

My god...I just read this again and Noonan's description of Sarah Palin reminds me of someone else we all know and love. Shocked

Mom was right! Shocked

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:56 pm

I completely missed this post! It's great. Thank you T. I love your "mom was right" postscript.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 pm

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and a hockey mom?

$27,000 a month worth of makeup and hair care.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down