Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical)

+3
911Dispatcher
xmashen
T
7 posters

Go down

Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical) Empty Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical)

Post by T Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 pm

From The Rumford Reporter:

President Elect Barack Hussein Obama went out for dinner

as opposed to listening to GWB's Farewell Address

Ah, Jennifer...are you familiar with the Blackberry? whistling Very Happy

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical) Empty Re: Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical)

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:10 pm

the same people who continue to use Obama's middle name as a hint that he's a TERRORIST are also likely to refer to that Wasila Hillbilly idiot as GOVERNOR PALIN. They clearly can't see across any aisle. Bush's deathbed (political) conversion to a real human didn't bring any tears to my eyes. His stupidity and arrogance created many if not most of our troubles and his hindsight view is a bit myopic.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical) Empty Re: Snide, petty, and misleading...(typical)

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Can I offer a piece of knowledge from Alaska......People from Wasilla are affectionately known as 'Valley Trash' instead of Hillbilly. It was a term used by a legislator, Ted Stevens son actually, who I believe was seeking reelection and got quite a few people ticked off. Of course it didn't stop them from marketing the term......T-shirts, hats, and bumper stickers can be found in the stores in and around Wasilla.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:39 pm

i meant no offense to Wasilla folks and some of my best friends are trash! I think i co-opted the hilbilly thing from an op ed piece about the Palin family running through the malls on their GOP shopping spree.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh, Valley Trash? Well, that's much nicer...lol...
X, do you mean trashy?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:41 pm

sometimes trashy is a " good thing"

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Xmashen do you watch Martha (its a good thing)? Actually many Wasilla residents are proud to bear the 'Valley Trash' title. Its an on going, lets say rival, between Anchorage and Wasilla. Much like Rumford/Mexico or Lewiston/Auburn.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:03 pm

of COURSE i watch Martha! How else would i have learned to fold towels lengthwise in thirds?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

but , there is " trash" and then there's " TRASH"... i think the Palin's are in the first category. Real Trash wouldn't haven anything to do with them!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Given the choice, I would have gone out to dinner too.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:08 pm

I , as true TRASH, refused to let him interrupt Wheel of Fortune. First of all, he can't tell a vowel from a grunt.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by ValleyGirl Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Emphasizing President Elect Obama's middle name is just plain silly, as far as I'm concerned. "Hussein" means good looking or handsome one. As far as the terrorist implications, Obama was born in 1961, before Saddam was well-known, and before he could be considered a terrorist. In fact, at the time of Obama's birth Saddam was working with the CIA and was seen as an ally against communism. None of which matters, because the premise that someone acts like their namesake is quite obviously false. If it were true, then all of those German kids who were named Adolf before Hitler came to power would have grown up to be evil dictators, too.

As far as not attending or listening to President Bush's farewell address, who cares? I don't remember President Elect Bush being at President Clinton's farewell address, and it doesn't matter to me whether or not he listened to it. The farewell address is for the we, the peons, isn't it? The visit to the White House, the subsequent necessary interactions, and the Innauguration are the times/places where we can expect respect shown to the outgoing president from the incoming one.

Petty, snide, and misleading indeed--much ado about nothing, this is.

ValleyGirl

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 pm

well said, vg.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm

JSN needs to really think aboout what she implies, infers, suggests, hints at, or just outright says, about soon to be President Barrack Obama. Whether she likes it or not, Mr. Obama will soon be her Commander in Chief.The candidate that she has hated so much will be her boss. Isn't that funny? lol! lol!

If you can recall, there was a general who lost his commission for speaking out against then President Clinton. That general spoke his words. JSN is putting her words in print. Just a little reckless? Wouldn't it be something if her chain of command read her site? While she adds her "articles" to her site, maybe she should think about "article" 15. UCMJ. For those who aren't aware, article 15 is the non-jusicial penalty for misconduct uner the Uniform Code of Military Justice. If one chooses to "fight" the article 15, the next step is Court Marshal. Just something for her to think about. Have a nice day, Jen. Smile

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:18 pm

let's remember how JSN deals with her bosses, though. (not really all that well).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:20 pm

True. This time, though, there could be very serious consequences.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:28 pm

one can only hope

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am

One can also influence.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down