Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's coming...

Go down

It's coming... Empty It's coming...

Post by T Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:33 am

Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Carl Bernstein on the Trumpery administration (10/6/2017)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Carl Bernstein: Republicans are privately assessing President Donald Trumpery as unfit for office.

Carl Bernstein: There is a sense of, people I talk to in the White House and Republicans on Capitol Hill, is that the wheels are coming off this presidency.

Carl Bernstein: In the White House, there is an attempt by those closest to the President — especially [Chief of Staff John] Kelly, especially the military leaders — to try to constrain the president from his own inclinations to say wild things, to act irresponsibly. It’s almost as if there’s a protectorate around the President.

Carl Bernstein: He’s constantly complaining, going into rages  rage about the investigation, about disloyalty among his aides. It’s an extraordinary situation. Unlike anything I have seen in 50 years in Washington.

Carl Bernstein: The big story right now is many of them (Republican members of congress and military leaders and the intelligence community) have lost confidence in this president. They doubt his fitness to be president, they doubt his competence, they’re worried that he has to be restrained and constrained by these military leaders.

Carl Bernstein: Remember, George Washington resigned his commission so we could have civilian control of the military, and now we have military control of the presidency. This is not quite what our system was meant to do.

Carl Bernstein: This president is the president of his base.

Carl Bernstein: Our allies are dismayed by the conduct of this president.

Carl Bernstein: We’ve never seen this kind of chaos in a presidency before. This is different because it goes to the character and competence — a feeling that the president of the United States, including among those on the White House staff, may be unfit to hold the office.

Carl Bernstein: Republicans on Capitol Hill admit we are in a dangerous situation in this country.

Carl Bernstein: They (Republicans) are worried that we have a president of the United States who is really not stable in terms of the occupying the office and exercising the powers of the presidency.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

It's coming... Empty Re: It's coming...

Post by T Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 am

Bob Corker is a respected, serious, southern, conservative Republican. This is what he thinks of the "disaster" in the White House.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bob Corker
"It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."

Bob Corker: "When I told him that that just wasn't in the cards, he said, 'You know, if you run, I'll endorse you.' I said, 'Mr. President, it's just not in the cards; I've already made a decision.'"

Bob Corker: "[It's] a reality show ... like he's (Trumpery) doing 'The Apprentice' or something."

Bob Corker:  "I don't know why the President tweets out things that are not true. You know he does it, everyone knows he does it, but he does."

Bob Corker: "Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we're dealing with here ... of course they understand the volatility that we're dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road."

Bob Corker: "I know he {Trumpery) has hurt, in several instances, he's hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out."

Bob Corker: "I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it's a situation of trying to contain him."

Bob Corker:  "As long as there are people like that around him who are able to talk him down when he gets spun up, you know, calm him down and continue to work with him before a decision gets made, I think we'll be fine."

Bob Corker: "I don't think he appreciates that when the President of the United States speaks and says the things that he does, the impact that it has around the world, especially in the region that he's addressing."

Bob Corker: "He concerns me. He would have to concern anyone who cares about our nation."

Bob Corker: "A lot of people think that there is some kind of 'good cop, bad cop' act underway, but that's just not true."

Bob Corker: "Trumpery may be setting the US on the path to World War III."

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Republican Senator Corker blasts Trumpery for 'castrating' Tillerson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican Senator Bob Corker stepped up his public feud with Donald Trumpery on Friday, saying the U.S. president’s undermining of his top diplomat was like castrating him in public.

Corker told the Washington Post in an interview that Trumpery had undercut Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s efforts to enlist China in reining in North Korea’s nuclear program by denigrating the diplomat.

“You cannot publicly castrate your own secretary of state” without limiting the options for dealing with North Korea, Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee, told the Post.

“When you jack the legs out from under your chief diplomat, you cause all that to fall apart,” Corker told the Post, adding that working with China was the key to reaching a peaceful settlement with North Korea.

”When you publicly castrate your secretary of state, you take that off the table.”

Reuters

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down