Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Jennifer Stowell Norris

+6
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Timeout
Z
xmashen
T
911Dispatcher
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To Jennifer Stowell Norris Empty To Jennifer Stowell Norris

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:23 am

"A lot of us put our lives on the line for our job but you don't hear us
using it as an excuse to increase our budgets or pay, ensure guaranteed
overtime, demand company owned vehicles, and enforce rules that benefit
us because we feel entitled for some reason. If we did, we would be
fired. Think about it."

above is from TRR's page:

Jennifer I want this public and because I know you will refuse to print anything I write I am posting it here on this blog because I know you read it.

I've gotten to work the night a fellow officer died on duty. I've gotten to work the night a fellow officer was so seriously injured he can never work again. I've had the chance to attend another officers funeral and hold the hand of his wife. You Jennifer Stowell Norris are not even close to being placed in a class with these or anyone wearing a badge (that includes firefighters). What is your daily job that requires you to wear a bullet proof vest and carry a gun? What job requires you, when off duty, to still wear that bullet proof vest and gun? Your DAILY job does not require that. You can go out to a restaurant and not worry about another patron trying to start a fight because you arrested them. You can eat in piece and not wonder whats in your food because you might have arrested someone on the staff. You do not have to worry about your loved ones being targeted for doing your job. Let me clue you in on something here, this is reality for me, my husband (a state trooper) and every person who puts on that uniform. Have you ever had a drug dealer have photos of your house, your kids, your vehicles? I have, my co workers have, my husband has. Have you ever once had a gun pointed in your face just to save a complete stranger who doesn't like police in the first place? My husband has, my co workers have, officers at RPD have. Until the day you face these challeges do not place yourself in a catergory with them. Attacking a person because they put their life on the line for others is by far the most evil and callous thing I've seen, and in mine line of work thats saying something.

Last edited by 911Dispatcher on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

To Jennifer Stowell Norris Empty Re: To Jennifer Stowell Norris

Post by T Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm

911Dispatcher wrote:"A lot of us put our lives on the line for our job
I'm sure she's referring to her military service.

She's using her service as a "left handed" way of saying she's "entitled".

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 pm

well, the only "life on the line" I ever saw was that poor guy's on the other end of her "joking" gun. (Talk about a poor representation for our troops!)

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 pm

1.bp.blogspot.com/_DiSQihGI70E/SMW1XwVe45I/AAAAAAAAAQU/yIpIbPis9sU/s1600-h/IMG_7402.JPG

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:04 am

Just what does she do in the military, and has she put her life on the line yet?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:07 am

Z wrote:Just what does she do in the military, and has she put her life on the line yet?

I think she's in the Reserves. I don't know if she puts her life on the line unless you count managing TRR on a daily basis.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:12 am

Ya know....until shes had a gun pointed at her with the person on the other end intending to kill, playing with guns one weekend a month dose not count. Also can someone tell me one thing shes done to better the community and I am not talking about self appointed, to more serve yourself than others. Has she ever volunteered at a homeless shelter, at AWAP, at a school....anything???
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 am

I know she is in the reserves, but the way I understand things, she is a desk jockey who has not deployed yet. I understand that she may be in the process of deploying. Maybe deployment might do her some good.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 am

You are absolutely right 911. I don't believe she has ever intentionally put herself between someone with a gun and innocent people. I don't believe she has ever entered a burning building to save life and property. If you want to get technical, then yes. Crossing the street can be dangerous. Now try doing that with someone shooting at you. If she wants to see "putting your life on the line", maybe she should watch this tribute.

http://music-videos.grouchymedia.com/2004/03/american-heroes.html

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 am

By the way, JSN (everyone knows you read this), I left the warmth of my home a while ago to remove trees from the road in this foul weather. YOU try that sometime. YOU put others before YOUR comfort. I don't mean just once or twice. Commit to it. Get up at two o'clock in the morning to do it. Since Thansgiving is coming right up, YOU leave YOUR Thanksgiving dinner to go out and help someone you don't even know. Now here is the kicker: Do it without bragging about what godsend you are to those people. Do it without looking for recognition.

You want to know something? That is the type of people you keep putting down. And you not only put THEM down, but you put their families down. You put their families, who support what these people do, down. Thank you for being so much better than these selfless people who give of themselves. That would be Police, Fire, EMS, Public Works, and countless other "behind-the-scene" volunteers.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:42 am

Well said Z....Thank you
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:53 am

This site is a little on the gory side and if you are even a little sensitive don't go to the link, but its a good example of the crap officers put up with daily. No just the danger side of it but more the mental and emotional stress. Lets see JSN take on a few of these.

www.dreamindemon.com
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:16 am

http://www.odmp.org/

Here's another one although I think I've already given this link before.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Hey 911 Dispatcher. We should talk off line so I can clear up your misconceptions of me. I sent you a couple e-mails but I haven't heard back from you. I have to admit that I am a little offended as a women in the military that you would assume based on my assessment of the "law enforcement professionals" in Rumford that I feel that way about all law enforcement professionals given the fact that I work very closely with fire departments, police departments, etc. as an Emergency Manager for the Maine Air National Guard. I don't consider myself a "hero" persay but I have worked twice as hard to be half the man in my military career. And, another misconception that you have is that I am a "weekend warrior". I have worked more for the military in the last 13 years than for any civilian employer because every time I get a civilian job, they are calling us up to go here, go there, go to another school, etc. It has impacted my life greatly but I love the military, I am patriotic, and I love protecting my country. Although, I am looking to end my military career now that I am married and settled down. It has been hard living on the edge not knowing what is coming next.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Jennifer...I apologize I never recieved any emails from you. Of course the email that I used when I first contacted you is also covered with SPAM so it may have gotten lost. With your military background I think you can understand that when you talk about law enforcement whether you single out one agency or not you are attacking family. You also have to realize that your statements and things you posted in the past were full of misconceptions. Especially the letter written by R. Ortez, which I am glad you removed. I think, but could be wrong, that many of your posts came from frustration and were fueled by emotions. My only suggestion to you was to do some research getting to know about RPD. Do some ride alongs, go to the citizens academy, etc. By your statements which is all I had to go on, I believed you were out of touch with what really went into the job. I am glad you joined the forum and am hoping you feel welcome to debate the issues. Also please understand I know where you are at with your military career. My husband has 20 years in the Air National Guard.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:07 pm

The R Ortez letter was wrong. It should not have been posted and I'm sorry. I removed it after your e-mails to me. I understand your perspective and I won't ever let that happen again. Thank you for understanding my perspective. Can you do me a favor? Can you please remove the coward calling herself a hero thing. It's not true; I am very humble despite what you might think. Thank you.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Not until you remove your attacks on the RPD. This post was in response to that. There is a better way to argue the point of funding, staffing, and overtime issues than to say that the RPD or the RFD are just a joke. You have time and time again on TRR done this. I feel you can get a point across while acting professional. Posting articles and then adding a Simpsons character (a cop eating a donut) is very disrespectful. If you wish to take the upper road I will remove this post.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm

also I see you are taking this post as a attack on you but it truly is a defense to what LEO's deal with every day. Its showing that there is more to the job then what you are implying.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Ok. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I have my right to my perspective and I am not going to be held hostage. That's kool. But, I will temper it down a bit in my future writings. There is a lot more to this than you know but we'll get into that another time.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 pm

agreed
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:39 pm

you will see I edited the title, it was uncalled for.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Thank you. That was really nice of you. We got a deal.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:The R Ortez letter was wrong. It should not have been posted and I'm sorry. I removed it after your e-mails to me. I understand your perspective and I won't ever let that happen again. Thank you for understanding my perspective. Can you do me a favor? Can you please remove the coward calling herself a hero thing. It's not true; I am very humble despite what you might think. Thank you.

Whoop dee doo.

Go away for awhile. It was fraudulent.

Do you want to work for the Town of Rumford? Would you hire somebody that was deceptive?

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Dave, you are that guy from Auburn who used to live in Mexico, aren't you? I couldn't stand you on the As Maine Goes forum and I already can't stand you on this one. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You are rude, condescending, and you are the one that actually thinks you know everything.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 pm

I actually do have nice things to say. Just yesterday, I applauded Phil Blampied for his great profile on Fitch Engineering. He's making a difference in the River Valley! I don't agree with all his actions, but his heart is in the right place. Go Phil!

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next