Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!!

+4
Phil Blampied
dr
KevinNSaisi
T
8 posters

Go down

Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!! Empty Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!!

Post by T Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 pm

From The Rumford Reporter:

Press Release for all Rumford Citizens: IAFF Local Union 1601 Embarasses the Town of Rumford by Engaging in Illegal and Unprofessional Activity

"If you received a call seeking donations for the Rumford Fire Department Local Union 1601, the Rumford unProfessional Firefighters, you have been scammed."

"there is no guarantee that the Union will pass the money on to the stated causes. They lost their overtime monies and now need a new source of revenue. Do not be fooled by this latest scheme."

"the Union "hijacked" the town owned fire department website and turned it into a Union propaganda site."

"should all be FIRED and replaced with new non-union firefighters."

"We will not tolerate their insubordination any longer
." rage rage

party

[ therumfordreporter.com/ ]

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!! Empty Re: Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!!

Post by KevinNSaisi Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:44 am

I know of people who are on the Do Not Call Registry who received solicitations by phone. Shocked The union appears to have hired a telemarketing firm who will likely receive a healthy chunk of the proceeds. confused
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!! Empty Re: Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!!

Post by dr Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:43 am

"We will not tolerate their insubordination any longer."

In my experience, it seems like JSN cannot tolerate ANY kind of "insubordination". She's the boss; get used to it. (And as JSN herself would say: "How about them apples?"..........That phrase might look good printed on an apron.)

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

The business of fire and police phone solicitation is a very dicey one. It's called "badge deals" in the business and it is hugely lucrative. When people hear a solicitor implying that he's connected to police or fire, they get nervous thinking that if they refuse, they'll be in trouble. Badge deal companies usually keep two-thirds of the revenue they collect.

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Stowell-Norris stamps her feet!! Empty Another community crime exposed!!! Lol...

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks Jenn, Phil and Kevin for being all over this...how dare those firemen raise money for charity! What ARE they thinking???
From the web page:

"The Rumford Professional Fire Fighters Local 1601, with the assistance of East Coast Marketing Group (a professional charitable fundraiser) is sponsoring a Comedy Show to benefit various groups supported by your local firefighters.

The “Night of Laughs” Comedy Show will be held Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 8 p.m. at the Mountain Valley High School Auditorium. The show will feature three of Boston’s funniest stand-up comics.

The Majority of the proceeds from this event will go to local youth programs. Any remaining proceeds will go to Local 1601’s general fund to sponsor other organizations, such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association (The MDA is strongly supported by the International Association of Fire Fighters).

Everyone that assists with sponsorship will receive an official receipt and complimentary tickets to the show. For more information on how to become a sponsor, contact Local 1601 President Mark Tripp at (207)357-5532.

General Admission Tickets are available for a donation, payable as check (no cash), at the Rumford Fire Department Central Station.

This show is not recommended for children under the age of 13 (PG-13)." (This is the only part that sounds dicey to me...lol)
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:56 pm

The term “badge deal” refers to a promotion in which a fundraising company seeks out contracts with organizations that are, or purport to be, law enforcement or public safety-oriented. Telemarketers like ‘badge deals’ because people tend to donate generously when they think they’re helping their local police and fire departments. "Badge deals" frequently target senior citizens and badge deal operators frequently buy and sell lists of previous victims. The phone solicitors often keep a very large percentage, up to 85%, of the donations they solicit.

This is a scam run by telemarketers that has been investigated by Attorney Generals across the US. They seek out small departments that do not realize what they are getting themselves into. The idea Phil that these agencies are in on the take with law enforcement or fire departments is a misconception.

Police and Fire Departments often and almost always use the money they receive from donations to fund community programs like DARE and the Citizen Academy. They do not use the money to pad their own pockets. Also its been found that most people donate not out of fear but out of the fact that they believe they are helping a good cause.

Geez people stop drinking the kool aide.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:49 pm

This whole thread reminds me of the old adage, “No good deed shall go unpunished”

The RFD is damned if they do and damned if they don’t. If they aren’t actively going out of their way to try to make our community a better place, they are criticized as selfish and lazy. When they do try to help the community, they are characterized as selfish and greedy.

Phil, the thought that the RFD might not respond to someone’s home that was on fire because they didn’t donate is ludicrous. I agree wholeheartedly with 911 Dispatcher that people choose to donate for no other reason than because they want to help a good cause.

The truth of the matter here is contained in the threads of this forum and the poison of TRR. JNS is out to get the RFD because she “suspects” they hacked her website. She tried to back track after she said it but this is unmistakable.

I can’t believe that our selectmen have given someone so vindictive so much power in our town. She is not rational in her decisions; she clearly has an agenda of retribution toward core, life saving services in our town that has nothing to do with what’s best for the citizens of this town.

With the outright lies and slanderous things she has written about our town employees, there is clear evidence to call for her immediate removal from the Medcare Board, the Finance Committee and any other position of power she has in this town.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Admin wrote:With the outright lies and slanderous things she has written about our town employees, there is clear evidence to call for her immediate removal from the Medcare Board, the Finance Committee and any other position of power she has in this town.
It won't happen. Too many people (25-35%) agree with her.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 pm

T wrote:It won't happen. Too many people (25-35%) agree with her.
3 of our selectmen put her there, despite the clear lies and malicious behavior towards our town employees. That's sick!

Last edited by Admin on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Can we start a petition to have her removed??? Just an idea
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:39 pm

that's too much like something she would do. I bet as a 10 year old she started a petition to have santa banned and brought up on charges of fraud.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:58 pm

OMG - you are back and in rare form indeed!
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah, i am in the middle of setting up my manger scene. Baby Jesus will have to wait for Christmas eve, but all the other figures are in place... Mary, Joseph, the angel on top, the shepherds, the sheep, the donkey and oxe, and the wise men. Behind the wiseman I placed an old troll doll , lets call her Beniffer, who also bears gifts for the baby, in the form of resignation letters and lawsuits. I am sure he will be pleased.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Xmashen, You are losing it in a very weird way...lol...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:48 pm

hey, i'm TRYING, ok?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Bennifer Troll? Surely someone here must be capable of a caricature sketch.

I am going to make my own t-shirt:

BANNED BY BENNIFER!!!!!

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Well, I'm going out for the evening...keep an eye on yourself while I'm gone, will ya? And no more eggnog! (I'm talking to Xmashen...)
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Watch the ice..............................

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:00 pm

East Coast Marketing Group, Inc.

About Us

For over a decade East Coast Marketing Group has successfully raised funds for worthy organizations around the United States. The impact of these groups are felt in diverse communities of all sizes and demographics. Depending on the day we might be calling to help a local Police association with needed equipment, fund the Fire Department's training seminar, or even help grow the area High School Boosters scholarship fund.

As a full-service event fundraising company, our core business is comprised of outbound telesales, professional printing services and renowned community events. With over 60 team members, ECMG has the resources necessary to develop, plan and promote an event that is sure to jumpstart your organization!

East Coast Marketing Group has worked tirelessly to solidify its standing as the premier fundraising company in the industry. We believe that the values put forth by our clients are not only essential to their growth, but to ours as well. Led by an innovative team of individuals on the frontline of technology, the professional fundraisers here at ECMG can assure the highest level of quality to your group’s specific campaign.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down