Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Med-Care Board Criticized

+9
T
p
Dave
xmashen
KevinNSaisi
Z
Admin
Timeout
C
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Med-Care Board Criticized Empty Med-Care Board Criticized

Post by C Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:26 pm

These statements are quoted from the Rumford Falls Times- 11/26/08. I found them to be a bit paradoxical....

Med-Care Board Criticized

Belanger: "one of the concerns I have with Med-Care is that the board (members) is so familiar with each other that they can't be objective."
Belanger: "It's really hard when you're fighting against a group of people that want what they want?"
Boivin: "So you're saying there's quite an old boys' club in there?"
Belanger: "Yes"
Belanger: "But when you become friends on a board, it's hard to be objective all the time because you don't want to vote for something against your buddy"
Belanger: "In my opinion, the director is involved in every step of the planning, so there's no separation between the director and the board."
Belanger: "There's some issues there I find troubling."

then to top it all off....

"Diconzo then noted that he would like to serve as a Rumford representative on the Med-Care Board, filling the vacancy left by Cheryl Dickson."
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Med-Care Board Criticized Empty Re: Med-Care Board Criticized

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:41 pm

That's so cool. Maybe Arthur can serve on the Park Commission.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Does anyone know how much Mark's actually attended the Medcare meetings?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:37 pm

You would think he was talking about himself and his two selectmen buddies, wouldn't you?

"Diconzo then noted that he would like to serve as a Rumford representative on the Med-Care Board, filling the vacancy left by Cheryl Dickson."

These guys just want to run everything. Isn't their a rule about Selectmen serving on to different boards. There should be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Why does he want to fight against them?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:38 pm

And isn't Mark Belanger now on the Board of Directors at Med-Care?

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes Belanger is already on the Board. It reminds me of the letter to the editor written last year that suggested the three selectmen could get together, make all the important decisions and then head out the next morning in the town truck to take care of business...lol...some people actually thought the letter writer was serious... duh
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Did Mark Belanger fill someone else's position, or did he fill Cheryl Dickson's position?

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Cheryl's position is still open
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Thank you.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm

I think Belanger took John Wolfe's spot. Cheryl Dixon and Duane Phelps had/have terms that continue until 2010.

I believe selectmen can serve on the quasi-municipal board. I think selectman are encouraged to serve on one committee or another beside fulfilling their requirement as selectman. There are other committees...why do we need two selectmen on one board?

I am wondering if DiConzo applied for the position, what the vote would be? He obviously can't vote for himself and so would have to get three of the other four selectmen to appoint him.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Belanger: "one of the concerns I have with Med-Care is that the board (members) is so familiar with each other that they can't be objective."

How can you meet regularly and not become familiar with others on a board? Do the board of selectmen not know each other? They must be a little familiar with each other.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Belanger: "In my opinion, the director is involved in every step of the planning, so there's no separation between the director and the board."

What is Mark Belanger's background in EMS? Does he propose to plan the needs of an ambulance service without input from one who has knowledge of the business?

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Timeout wrote:I think Belanger took John Wolfe's spot. Cheryl Dixon and Duane Phelps had/have terms that continue until 2010.

I believe selectmen can serve on the quasi-municipal board. I think selectman are encouraged to serve on one committee or another beside fulfilling their requirement as selectman. There are other committees...why do we need two selectmen on one board?

I am wondering if DiConzo applied for the position, what the vote would be? He obviously can't vote for himself and so would have to get three of the other four selectmen to appoint him.

Selectmen can serve on any quasi-municipal board. I believe that legally, he can vote for himself to be on the board. The question of conflict of interest pertains to a situation where there is a financial benefit. If it were a paid position, he couldn't vote. I was speaking with someone about this procedure earlier and didn't remember this aspect of the law. I suggest that interested persons review the right to know laws and Roberts' Rules of Order.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Z- This is just Mark-speak. He is always "concerned", "troubled" and "uncomfortable". We just have to accept him for what he is.

I wonder if Eddie Shurtleff is still the indefinate Alternative and whether they would keep him in the position until spring. It seems likely that if Greaney does not become permanent town manager, he would want to resume his avid interest in Med-care. I believe he spent an incredible amount of time trying to negotiate with them on behalf of the town...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Thanks for the info Kevin.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Z wrote:

What is Mark Belanger's background in EMS? Does he propose to plan the needs of an ambulance service without input from one who has knowledge of the business?

I extend that question to our other board members... What EMS knowledge do Mr. Phelps and Ms. Dickson have? They were new on the board at one time too.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 pm

I think that was Z's point - that new members might be expected to receive input from the director.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:21 pm

If it were a town board, Mr. Shurtleff's position would have expired within three years of his last appointment. However, where this is a quasi-municipal board, appointments are bound by the agreement, not the Charter. I believe Mr. Shurtleff is an alternate until he chooses to resign (or dies, whichever comes first).
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Timeout wrote:I think that was Z's point - that new members might be expected to receive input from the director.

Please define "input". If that means that they are too ignorant to make their own decisions and must do whatever the director says, I would disagree. My thought is that an unexperienced member would do well to seek information and guidance from impartial prople with such experience.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 pm

No, not ignorant at all...I agree with you completely. I think Belanger doesn't give people credit for having minds of their own in the Rumford Falls Times article. To answer your question directly about defining input, I simply think they listen to his point of view.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Kevin Thanks for the call tonight, I had already Inquired from Tri County EMS when the next class would be so, I'm all payed for and enrolled, So maybe one day you and I will be working off the same Ambulance. NIGHT NIGHT........HAPPY THANKSGIVING

JASON

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:16 am

Z wrote:

I extend that question to our other board members... What EMS knowledge do Mr. Phelps and Ms. Dickson have? They were new on the board at one time too.

The impression I get from Mark Belanger's comment is that he does not believe that the director should be involved with any planning that the Board of Directors do. That is what prompted my question. I am "concerned" that Mark Belanger might want to plan things with no knowledge of the business.

I am "uncomfortable" that Frank Diconzo wants to be on the Board of Directors for Med-Care. He seems to have a penchant for conflict with public safety.

It "troubles" me that Mark Belanger and Frank Diconzo were among the most outspoken against Med-Care's new facility.

What is their reasoning for being on that board? To keep Med-Care from trying to move to better quarters? Med-Care took a severe, unecessary, and unfair beating over their plan for a new facility.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:38 pm

"A River Valley citizen" has me a little confused. Is she talkiing about the Board of Directors at Med-Care, or Mr. Milligan? She seems to keep going back and forth on that.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Z - I'll bet you five hundred bucks I don't have that the author of the LTE on TRR saying something about Med-Care Board owes it to the Community is the tm. By glory, I hope he isn't foolish enough to post anonymously on TRR after denouncing anonymity:

"I have a question for Med-Care director Dean Milligan. My question is this – why does Med-Care’s management refuse to accept the kindness and generosity of the local voters? Something is wrong. When an organization is offered many options, has people vote against one project while stating their intention to support a new, more economically sound project, and yet the director of Med-Care not once has come out with an offer to get those groups involved in the process then, by glory, something is wrong with that organization." Taken from TRR LTE

Maybe I'm wrong but it totally sounds like Len...he either wrote it or he dictated it...I've heard him use the phrasing, "I have a question for (fill in the blank)...my question is this....."

Last edited by Timeout on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next