Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

select board

5 posters

Go down

select board Empty select board

Post by xmashen Sun May 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Ok, so Arthur Boivin is running again. Maybe that's not such a bad thing ...if he learns to SPEAK ENGLISH and how to be polite and treat citizens with the same respect he would expect.

Is anyone else planning a run (gawd knows it would not be easy)?

Despite the recent selection of a permanent town manager that most people will like (at least for a week),the running of the town is still pretty much all in the hands of the selectmen. I would assume that people who used to post here would have some opinion. (I know, i have mine). It's sort of a shame to see it so quiet all of a sudden.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

select board Empty Re: select board

Post by marktripp Mon May 18, 2009 11:10 am

I just wish they wouldn’t litter the Town with signs. I know 2 selectmen that got in and didn’t have to do that!

Last edited by marktripp on Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

I agree that most political signs are sort of obnoxious and a waste of paper. However, I must admit being a little bit thrilled last summer when I drove by the apartment building on Hancock Street where I lived for the first few years of my life and saw an Obama sign in my old bedroom window! I guess that type of display is simply showing support. Signs posted in public places are really just there to create name recognition, and in a small community that is most likely a waste of money and resources, as well as an eyesore. Maybe a better idea would be to select a FEW (like 5 or 6) heavily traversed spots in town and post the names of all candidates together along with a website contact, so that people would know who is running and could then look into their respective platforms.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 pm

According to The Rumford Monitor (K. Saisi), Greg Buccina has also taken out papers to run for selectman.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 pm

there needs to be a woman on that board. There are plenty of qualified, thoughtful, well-informed and skilled women in town. Why aren't any of them running? Is it just because they don't wanna deal with the little boy antics?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon May 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Xmashen thats the problem...most of these women are smart and know to run screaming the other way.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon May 18, 2009 11:04 pm

There IS life out there!

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down