Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is The Town of Rumofrd Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths

2 posters

Go down

When is The Town of Rumofrd  Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths Empty When is The Town of Rumofrd Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:04 pm

The wreaths on the Island and the ones on Waldo st are as old as me, and Im 29. When is the Town going to buy new Wreaths, It was 25 years before they changed the lights on the Congress st Christmas tree. Also I remember when I was a kid the had garland and white lights hanging from the wire from carlise(SP) to the old Newberies building, why did they ever stop it, the wire is still there.

Jason

Back to top Go down

When is The Town of Rumofrd  Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths Empty Re: When is The Town of Rumofrd Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths

Post by xmashen Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:16 pm

well, the sad thing is, these days, there isn't all that much to light up. My memories of Congress St. at christmas are like a wonderful old movie, crowded sidewalks, fat flakes of snow, lighted windows with displays, and real Christmas songs being played everywhere. The blind guy and his dog, playing guitar (they guy, not the dog) and singing such great stuff. There was also a guy who played accordian (wait, it might have been the same guy.... damn...).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

When is The Town of Rumofrd  Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths Empty Re: When is The Town of Rumofrd Going to buy new Christmas Wreaths

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:07 pm

I really would like to see that again.... the business, not the accordian and guitar playing dog, thought that would be interesting too. Smile
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Who takes care of those wreaths? Is it the Public Works or the Park Commission? I would think we could take up a collection quicker than we could get it into the budget.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down