Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the spirit of Christmas and TRR......

4 posters

Go down

In the spirit of Christmas and TRR...... Empty In the spirit of Christmas and TRR......

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 pm

I thought you guys might like this story

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/632231.html
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

In the spirit of Christmas and TRR...... Empty Re: In the spirit of Christmas and TRR......

Post by xmashen Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:35 pm

i loved that! LONG LIVE SNOWZILLA! (well, at least until the thaw)

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

In the spirit of Christmas and TRR...... Empty Re: In the spirit of Christmas and TRR......

Post by public slave Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:36 pm

The moral of this story is once again rogue city officials utilizing their authority inappropriately. Does the snowman block any crosswalks? Are there any trees that need to be cut down under the cover of early morning darkness? I clearly think this story has many relationships with the current management (not leaders) of our largest town here in the river valley.

public slave

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Ya know, it's all in the perspective. Hey, in Bethel they build these giant snowpeople and the town sees it as a fun, tourist promotion...and even helps with the project!

Maybe if they had named it Princess Palin, kinda along the sames lines as naming the Bethel one Angus for the former governor, there might have been a little more buy in from the officials...lol
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:39 pm

I like Public Slave's distinction between managers and leaders. Here's something written by someone far wiser than I:

A paradox: To lead by not leading

A leader is best
When the people are hardly aware of his existence,
Not so good when people stand in fear,
Worse, when people are contemptuous.

Fail to honor people, and they will fail to honor you.
But of a good leader who speaks little,
When his task is accomplished, his work done!
The people say, “We did it ourselves.”

~Lao Tzu
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down