Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Jennifer

+2
T
xmashen
6 posters

Go down

Team Jennifer Empty Team Jennifer

Post by xmashen Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok, she's been boringly good for a couple of weeks, aside from the usual republican (no offense to the "good republicans) drivel and more lou marin literary diarrhea (the next inaugural poet??). Although the minutes from the last finance committee meeting might harken back to the good old days of "JSN takes on the community".

Does anyone NOT think she's planning a run for Bethel town manager? Her ambitions are not about the community she lives in, but wherever she can plant herself (a bit like KUDZU).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Team Jennifer Empty Re: Team Jennifer

Post by T Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:26 pm

xmashen wrote:Does anyone NOT think she's planning a run for Bethel town manager? Her ambitions are not about the community she lives in, but wherever she can plant herself (a bit like KUDZU).
She wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. They know her in Bethel.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 pm

This is all the " finance committee" could come up with?

· A more respectful attitude from the Department Heads. (trans : kiss my butt)
· That the Department heads be less defensive of their budgets. (trans: don't get mad when I lie about things)
· That Dept Heads provide figures showing what was actually spent this year. (trans: provide the figures AGAIN that I chose to ignore)
· That the Department Heads come prepared to answer detailed questions. (Trans: prepare your neck for the gallows)
· That Department Heads not look to Union members for answers during the meeting.(Trans: If RT sees anyone looking at or talking to Mark Tripp he will have a hissy fit)
· That all budget requests reflect the seriousness of the current economic situation and the likelihood that State funding to towns will be cut. (trans: just shut up)

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Omg! X - it's almost like you can read my mind...lol...I thought the same thing when I read that the other day.

Here's how it could have read:
- We will listen with respect to department heads
- We will understand department heads want to represent their departments to the best of their ability
- We will all come prepared to address and understand the budgeting process
- We all understand the seriousness of the economic nature and understand that we may have differing views on what is priority
- We understand that the Finance Committee may not be fully versed on the minute operations of every department
- We value the team concept and understand that the fire department manager for instance was thrust into the budgeting process fairly suddenly and is welcome to draw on resources available to him, whether that resource be named Mark Tripp and/or a union member
- We will not write nasty letters to any editor any more about our town employees
- We will not call our town employees names
- We will rely on the strength of the Board as a whole and not rely on one or two members to tell us what the numbers "really" are

Shall I go on?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by C Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:08 am

JSN has her own private (members only) forum now so she can get the satisfaction of trashing our community members and give the outward (albeit boring) appearance that she has "changed".
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by C Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 am

I wholeheartedly endorse any application submitted by JSN for the Bethel town manager position. Or any Bethel position for that matter. I'm sure many here would happily supply her with letters of recommendation to support this endeavor. We all look forward to the inevitable expansion of her online publishing empire to include TBR.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:30 am

How was I lucky enough to get dragged into this when I was minding my own business? dunno (for once)
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:39 am

Well said, Timeout. Yes, the finance committee could have approached it from the point of "what can we do?" to improve the situation. But with JSN on the team, it's more like "what does everyone else have to do to tow the line."

As for the Bethel town manager position: Remember, she has said that "no one is going to stop me." In this respect, Xmashen's metaphor of KUDZU is apt.

But I'd been thinking that she had been being an awfully "good girl" lately ( the slap-down by LG not-withstanding). It makes sense now...........
Look out, Bethel, here she comes! (Claws out, fangs bared.)

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down